Cut 95% of fan leaves off 3 weeks into flower - I always wanted to try this

tozort

Well its done now...I always wanted to know what would happen..After all Im trying to grow flowers not leaves..Last grow I went and took them off at 40 days..And my buds are awesome...best I ever had..SO TO HELL WITH ALL THE TALK...WE WILL SEE WHAT WE SEE..I have to say a lot of advice i get aint worth much...some is...Soon I will know the truth

Re: Cut 95% of fan leaves off 3 weeks into flower...I always wanted to try this.

well...the buds look great...It appears that the plant is trying to regrow the leaves but the hairs are straight up and growing very well..There still is a lot of fan leaves around the bud..so basicly I took the sucker leaves ...Oh I hear all this crap on both sides of the argument..And yes This is a monster risk with a grow at stake..but I feed with all kinds of stuff so the fan leaves that feed this plant are doing nothing but feeding themselves is my theory ..Once the plant has switched to flower production...And the leaves will just fall off anyway..This way my buds are getting MAX light ..no shadows...I dont know what will happen but someone has to try it..someone with balls...like me..Yes I will let you know...You sound like it aint gonna work....Wont be the first time I went out of the dam box...wont be the last...I have like 5 lbs in reserve so it dont matter if it works or not...but at least ill know instead of just flapping my lips and spewing out BS...I see a lot of that with so called "growers"..

Re: Cut 95% of fan leaves off 3 weeks into flower...I always wanted to try this.

2 days with all fan leaves removed....the progress is amazing.the buds on top have doubled. ..the buds that now have light on the bottom have tripled...pictures soon...and all kinds of new fan leaves growing.. I'm very excited.

I actually saw it verified somewhere else, so now I'm gonna give it a try myself on my crash test Afghani :)

the buds are so big on my durban poison that the stems are folding over..Its day 53..the sweet tooth is coming down on monday..That will be 8 weeks..I,ll snap a few shots to show you how they look..I will do this again cause the branches under on bottom have nice buds compared to leaves on just pop corn...more grams to smoke my friend..peace..and look for the pic's

Subscribed! I am doing this for hands on learning it is something I never tried before I am eager to see what come of it either way :D
can not wait to see your pics too!

20130722_062011.jpg
20130722_061959.jpg
20130722_061955.jpg
20130722_061948.jpg
20130722_061939.jpg
20130722_061929.jpg
20130722_061902.jpg
20130722_061853.jpg
20130626_044825.jpg

Awesome! + reps thanks for sharing looks cool! Did it slow down any? I just did mine too it is in my Deep Chunkolate journal , she is doing well no shock :D

hi tozart sorry I missed this journal before sounds so interesting! HAVE plants in final flowering stages the fan leaves are a pain would really like to know how this turns out -would like to try it on next grow
thanks for sharing

Hi Aspen...Its tough to tell on the plant..But I think I have a good harvest here..And the trimming part is a breeze..I can tell you this...there is no yellow leaves dying and making mold,or depleting food that should go to the buds..And the lower branches are a lot bigger than with leaving them on..there is no pop corn buds to speak of..All good buds.. The soil dry's out faster cause the lights are right on them..beware of that..

I am very sorry to hear that..at the risk of sounding neg..my babies are candy...but my wooden room is super dry....and you have to watch Co2 ...you cant hope to grow blue ribbon buds in the damp..my set up changes all the air in the room every 45 seconds..mebey you need to rededicate your systems....And good luck...peace..and full bowls..

hollands hope is an indica with amazing damp resistance..super powerful though at 18.9 THC..I grow this...its the thick one in the pic,s..I recommend this..good luck..

When did you defoliate GhostPost? Ive been thinking this would work but you hear so much against it. I did a defol yesterday pretty heavy but wanted to do more. Im on a tight budget so cant afford to experiment so this post is appreciated Tozort. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom