Defoliation During Flower

khufu1

420 Member
Could someone kindly tell me if it is ok to remove leaves in 7th week of flower so that the buds get all the light thanks
Cardiff-20130718-00841.jpg

Cardiff-20130718-00839.jpg

Cardiff-20130718-00842.jpg

Cardiff-20130718-00840.jpg

re: Defoliation durin flower

Most of my research says you might get a little edge, but "LST" is your best bet overall, + look at on-line vids and you'll come to see that
low-stress training and lollipopping will get you the best yield/sq.ft.

Remember, fan leaves are the "solar panels" of your grow room - sure, removing leaves opens up to more light, but what good is that if the plant cannot generate enough energy to give larger yield?

Basically, I just made this up - lol, ... but, just sayin' ...

Re: defoliation

In my opinion it would. It's gonna provide more light to the lower branches and stop the plants from fuelling leaf growth, which stopped by that point anyway. I'd start from the bottom and trim every fan leaf that might shield the buds from receiving maximum light exposure.

Re: pics

Could someone please tell me how to remove pics as I accidently added a dozen of the same pics, took long to upload so I thought they did not upload but,seems they bloody did doh

Click on report on the post you have duplicates, and ask the mod to remove only the duplicates.

In answer to your question about defoliation, yes it is okay to defoliate all the way through flower. There is a system that a lot of us are using in which we defoliate on day 22 and day 45 of flower.

Nice 1 shots I'm not sure iif its blue cheese or double but do u think I should go 10 wks or next wk 8th

Thanks again shotz. Do you know how my 1 clone grew normal but the other one split and grew2 from clones and I never touched them

I took leaves off during late flowering but only a few in key areas. Its probably the most controversial question on the table, to de-leaf or not to de-leaf. I have seen great results from it but there are a lot of variables that determine whether or not its beneficial to your overall yield.

I did it a lot with this crop and did pretty good...
May_25_grow_1st_grow-1.jpg

I just did a defoliation at day 41 in flower. at day 21 I removed the bottom 1/3 of the plants. My plants are about 40-45"tall at the end. so there is nothing from the soil up to to about 12-14 in. when I defoliate the second time it is primarily lightening up the canopy for air flow and for light penetration. I will post some before and after pictures in my journal soon.

Sounds like you're on a direct track to success - lollipopping is 4 shur, indoors or out, a great way to increase yield - do you use any other means - LST, HST, topping, super cropping, fimming or SCROG? If you're at 3' + in less than 6 weeks, yer doin sumpin right, bro' - keep at it - any of these additional tactics require a 5' square table-space for max yield, but I'm just now germinating a single Blueberry to see what I can get from a 400 watt set-up.

BOL _ i am a dave

Does anybody kno if its a good idea to defoliate my ak47 and ww,cheese grown from seed as they have just been taking from 8 wks veg and have gone under a mesh, there over 4 ft but are 4 hence the mesh. 2 and Should I keep poppin the heads back under or leave them now that I am in flower. Thanks peeps

I suggest that to keep tucking tips back under will continue to create more pop-up branch heads developing into higher-yield colas, so keep on until your buds are really beginning to develop, like about 18-21 days after flipping to 12/12 lighting (or even 4 weeks?)

When vegetative growth stops, then stop tucking!

It can often come down to 1) - impatience, 2) - need, 3) security fears, or some other personal reason, (and strain)

I was always under the impression that if you are planning on defoilating then is something you should train the plants for. Meaning, they'll need to very plucked were and there as young plants so that they can handle the more aggressive defoilation later on. But bare in mind, I've never done it otherwise so I can't speak from experience.
If your plants are accustomed to it then there's no reason you can't do it.

Back
Top Bottom