Male plant with female flowers

flibbertygibt

First, I want to say HI to everyone. Been lurking here for months and finally joined up!
Got a nice surprise when I went out the greenhouse this morning. One of the male GDP (Ken's) has some female flowers on it.
I grew out 5 seeds, got 2 female, 2 male and 1 runty thing I yanked.
I kept the 2 males long enough to collect some pollen then chopped them. Left the stumps in the pots and set them aside (actually forgot about them). They grew out some new branches and put out lots more male flowers. But this morning I noticed these. Pistils?
Can't find much info on them. What do I do with them? Any good reason to let it pollinate itself and collect the seeds? I am doing some breeding so it would be interesting to see what happens. Just not sure what?

101_5105.JPG

wow very very interesting specimen u have here. never seen anything like it before, but if i were u i would grow it out just to experiment. keep him/her posted, id like to see how this turns out!!!!

Just brought him in the house (away from the girls), will keep him going and see what happens. I guess I'm just a little confused. I've seen female herms, they have lots of female flowers and then pop out a male flower or 2. I figured a male herm would have male flowers and then pop a female flower. But it's clearly not the case. These are MALE flowers with pistils. In any case, he was an absolutely beautiful male, bushy with short nodes. I seriously considered taking a cutting for a father plant but decided to just take pollen instead.

I had a similar situation arise, only I didn't notice until I saw seeds already fully formed.
Now I have about ten tiny yet perfectly formed seeds that I don't know what to do with,
Are they going to be all male if I grew them out?

I had a similar situation arise, only I didn't notice until I saw seeds already fully formed.
Now I have about ten tiny yet perfectly formed seeds that I don't know what to do with,
Are they going to be all male if I grew them out?
why you asking us??? You have the seeds, grow them semillas & lets us know please. Love a good mystery.

Lol true, that's a fair assessment and I do plan to grow them and journal it with pictures and such.
I would however be interested in any insight into the matter anyone has to offer, I'm sort of eager for the answer to my all male/masculinized seeds question.

Back
Top Bottom