Small Buds - Week 6

Bigjoemeat

Hello all..im growing hso sourblueberry and 818 headband.. All my plants are in week 6 of flower.. Under a air-cooled 1000w hps..light is about 1 foot and a half from the tops of the plants.. But for some reason the buds are like popcorn.. And not filling out whatsoever ..they in organic soil from build a soil .com..ive feed them 4 times with a tea..that consisted of vermicastings..molasses..organic dirt and fish juice.. Some of the bud ..the hairs are turning orange and its almost like they've stopped spitting out hairs.. Plants are hella healthy..but they're not filling out..2 weeks to 3 weeks to go and I'm getting little discouraged..is it the tea? To much nitrogen? Is it holding them back?

Re: small buds ..week 6

Would a bud booster of some sort help with 3 weeks to go..it doesn't even look like an ounce per plant right now..does any one know of a organic bud booster that works well in soil? Any help is appreciated

Oh and its a air cooled 1000w hps in a 5x5 tent..plants are 3 feet tall in 3 gallon pots..so I don't think light is the issue

WP_20150202_19_16_38_Pro.jpg
6 weeks flower

6 weeks flower

Bigjoemeat,
Your ladies look great.:thumb:
You are gonna have a nice big girl there. Be patient my friend. Week 6 is just about the time they start to put on weight. You will be amazed at what a 10 day difference in flower looks like at this point. :goodjob:

Don't do anything drastic to bring about an immediate change. Those bud sites look well spaced and you left enough of the fan leaves to drive the bud sites to their potential.
In baseball terms, you are in the top of the 7th inning of a 9 inning game. Stay the course.

6 weeks flower

Sorry to tell u this but it should be at its biggest at week 6 then it gets hard during the last couple weeks.
I bet it stunted or u have a 11 week plus strain.

Btw looks like u over veggeded or topped it to much or too early. Dont worry. I made that mistake before too. That's what I been trying to tell people about topping. Topping is not always better. It blocks light.

Didn't think you could veg for to long. Have you got decent air movement within the grow space? I hear that it helps stimulate denser buds. I'd also think about using a pk booster or blossom stimulater or a bloom builder or all 3 if you can they will help the plant to produce sugars that bulk up buds. I'm relatively new at growing so please take my advice with a pinch of salt I'm still learning myself.

Your plants look very healthy so I'm sure you'll do just fine I to thought I'd get crap a yeild I'm flushing my current grow funny thing is I remember saying the buds looked tinny but they just went mad every day from the 5th week I was noticing new girth on the bud.

:Namaste:

My 2 cents... the plant looks very healthy, upwards leaves, etc. It's difficult they won't produce juicy buds. I think they still have a lot to go. You may harvest at week 10-12. It depends also when they started blooming, which didn't necessarily start when you switched to 12/12...

That harvest was long over..got about 8 ounces dry off of those 11 plants..pretty bad, was even using a 1000w hps air cooled.. I since then switched over to led and am currently tripling the size of my buds. Literally! The light/ heat output was just to much for my 5x5 tent and haulted the bud growth last time. Now I'm using a mars 2 1200 led and the buds are growing like they should.

that's exactly what a problem i was having bigjoe. HPS is old tech in my opinion, LED is the only way to go now that i've made the switch.

Hello all..im growing hso sourblueberry and 818 headband.. All my plants are in week 6 of flower.. Under a air-cooled 1000w hps..light is about 1 foot and a half from the tops of the plants.. But for some reason the buds are like popcorn.. And not filling out whatsoever ..they in organic soil from build a soil .com..ive feed them 4 times with a tea..that consisted of vermicastings..molasses..organic dirt and fish juice.. Some of the bud ..the hairs are turning orange and its almost like they've stopped spitting out hairs.. Plants are hella healthy..but they're not filling out..2 weeks to 3 weeks to go and I'm getting little discouraged..is it the tea? To much nitrogen? Is it holding them back?

I wanted to comment because I'm also on Week 6 of a 8-10week flowering plant. Mine look as follow and I must admit I haven't been the best parent to them.
Edward Scissorhands? | Rollitup

Oh and its a air cooled 1000w hps in a 5x5 tent..plants are 3 feet tall in 3 gallon pots..so I don't think light is the issue
Woah brother that's wayyyyyy to small of pots for 3 foot plants. You should have at least a 5 gallon or even a 7 gallon. That'd probably why your plants arnt growing there all cramped up inside that tiny little 3 galloner

curious to know if you air cooled hood has like a screen underneath the light ive read those hoods with glass or plastic screen drastically reduce uv stuff getting through ???

Back
Top Bottom