Normal Flowering Plant?

crazedpenguin

Baby_1_Close_Up.jpg
Baby_14.jpg

Is this normal? Is it stems full of tiny calyxes that are covered in trichomes? They are very dusty, really stink, but it has been weeks and they're not getting bigger or swelling. My other plants have more the cola and sugar leaves and don't look like this. I am not sure if this is normal and i just need to be patient longer, or if I did something wrong. It is a sativa auto. In the the second photo you can see the colas of the my other plants, but this plant is just like long fluffy stems. All the leaves have died off for the most part as well.

Thank you!

Baby_1_Close_Up.jpg
Baby_14.jpg

Is this normal? Is it stems full of tiny calyxes that are covered in trichomes? They are very dusty, really stink, but it has been weeks and they're not getting bigger or swelling. My other plants have more the cola and sugar leaves and don't look like this. I am not sure if this is normal and i just need to be patient longer, or if I did something wrong. It is a sativa auto. In the the second photo you can see the colas of the my other plants, but this plant is just like long fluffy stems. All the leaves have died off for the most part as well.

Thank you!

I have seen this several times in the past. This is mostly from not enough sufficient lighting. What's your set up like? Give me the details on lighting, average flowering temps and humidity. Be sure to add your feeding schedule and how often you nuted. Also how was the airflow? All of these can effect the ending result of yeild. But I'm willing to bet, you didn't have enough sufficient lighting on this girl. Sativas can be long and lanky so they would need allot more light then the average indica at this size.

Thank you for the reply! I am running a 450w G8LED and I also have a 90w Halo. I was worried the LED's were not strong enough and I wasted my money. :( I am adding a picture of my setup. It is in a 3 gallon clay pot, mixed with black kow/perlite/peatmoss. I nuted every other watering with fox farms. I used grow big during veg and then tiger bloom with I saw blooms. I got a carbon filter in there there. I also run two fans. I keep the temp around 79, a little cooler at night the and humidity stays between 55-70%.

So am I screwed for the grow? I need to get different lights I think. I should have bought HPS and just spent the money.

IMG_100935.jpg

Thank you for the reply! I am running a 450w G8LED and I also have a 90w Halo. I was worried the LED's were not strong enough and I wasted my money. :( I am adding a picture of my setup. It is in a 3 gallon clay pot, mixed with black kow/perlite/peatmoss. I nuted every other watering with fox farms. I used grow big during veg and then tiger bloom with I saw blooms. I got a carbon filter in there there. I also run two fans. I keep the temp around 79, a little cooler at night the and humidity stays between 55-70%.

So am I screwed for the grow? I need to get different lights I think. I should have bought HPS and just spent the money.

IMG_100935.jpg

Well, First things first. (might get a few different responses with this but it's in my opinion of course)

LED's are and have been known to produce some good budz. a 450 watt LED is fine, but with the size of plants you're trying to grow there and for how many you have, you should of went with a 1000 watt HPS. (You can get the 20$ HPS's at home depot online). Truth is there is no difference. Just a longer lifespan (IMO, & allot of other cultivators out there...) So again, I think you don't have enough light in that room for the size of those 3 plants.

NOW, remembering back to 2001. I came across a fellow on my journey's who was a sativa nut. He knew everything and anything about sativas. He had a plant like this in his garden (outside) and I asked is that normal. He said, "It's just the genetics of that strain/seed". So, have you grown this specific strain out before? How many did you Germie? It's hard to tell exactly what the cause is here. But I'm willing to place a $1,000 bet, it's either cause of the lighting, or the genetics of that specific seed. OR a combo of both...Certain sativas are actually known to do this. This is a extreme case of course, but sativas are more prone to this occurring then indicas.

If you can as a side project, what I would do is get your hands on the same strain and try germi'n out 10-20 and keep the best looking phenos after they pop. As they grow you can see the different pheno types & take notes on the traits as they age. When you get to flowering tho you'll start to see if it was just that seed trait, or if it was in the genetics and this happens with all of that strain. You might have one pheno that dose it again and other not. This will then tell you if it's genetics or if it was the lightening. IF you change the set up you'll never know if it was cause of the lighting or not. (But do get a HPS, IMO they are much better in the long run. Do this in the future as a learning experiment since you already have the set up to do so. )

I know this isn't a definite answer, but the reason why no one has responded to you is because it's hard to actually allocate the issue without doing some "tests". (It's in one of the two i suggested 95% sure) But I'm sure this is also the most accurate response one can get for the current situation.:Namaste:

I am actually a first timer so I have never grown any before. That being said, I am a gardener, just new to cannabis. All three are autos and aren't very big. The one in question is a sativa, it is a Fast Buds West Coast OG. The other 2 are Cream of The Crop Cash Crop. They seem to be doing OK... One has a couple issues, but one is doing great. I only did the 3 seeds and they all 3 turned into this. :) I got two more germing right now and they are doing well. I got strawberries under these lights too and they are taking off as well. Maybe I will get HPS for flower and use these LED's in a grow tent for vegging. I can already tell that I want two separate tents for that. I live in a hot climate so I went with LED because I was worried about heat. I am just going to have to get a portable A/C unit. would you give it more time for now? They started flowering about 5/6 weeks ago.

Yes, two tents would be much better to suit your scenario. A veg room and a flowering room is defiantly the way to go. what CFM is your exhaust? heat is only a issue if there is no air movement. What I have done in the past is, just have one fan blowing on the light and the others osculating on the plants. AC would be a good thing to have handy, especially in hotter climates.

Now, as for "Auto's" They are garbage. Same with Fem seeds. They're not only the "end of the line" for the genetics, but they are more prone to hermie as well.. I can go on about this forever because Im a breeder. But I'll save you the ear full & time. If I where you I would get REG seeds and wean out the males. Those females will be the most vigorous and healthiest plants you'll ever grow.. (When compared to shitty fem'd or auto'd seeds).. I suggest your next grow be "Northern lights". This strain is a total beginner strain and is very easy to grow out. Over all little maintenance but yet strong vigor. ;)

I appreciate your time! Is a HPS "kit" a waste of money? Not sure if I could get everything I needed cheaper at a hardware store. Do you think LED would be ok for vegging?

I have my exhaust on a switch on high so it really stays about 79 in there with the humidifier and fans running. I wish I would have have bought HPS from the get go now. I regret those lights because they were expensive.

I spent a bunch of money on those auto seeds as well. LOL. I have a huge bag a of bag seed Blue Dream that I wish I would have started with. I need to get my lighting fixed first though I think. Good to know about seeds for my future. I will do as you say from now on. I would rather spend a little more time and get a better crop.

I appreciate your time! Is a HPS "kit" a waste of money? Not sure if I could get everything I needed cheaper at a hardware store. Do you think LED would be ok for vegging?

I have my exhaust on a switch on high so it really stays about 79 in there with the humidifier and fans running. I wish I would have have bought HPS from the get go now. I regret those lights because they were expensive.

I spent a bunch of money on those auto seeds as well. LOL. I have a huge bag a of bag seed Blue Dream that I wish I would have started with. I need to get my lighting fixed first though I think. Good to know about seeds for my future. I will do as you say from now on. I would rather spend a little more time and get a better crop.

No worries brotha. This is what we are here for. Our community is one big living organism. Without each other where would we be? :Namaste:

I would get a hooded 1000 watter for your flowering tent that has the air cooled. This is the perfect set up for a a tent of your size. You can use the LED in your vegging room, there is no problems with that since it is only a 450 watter. I would personally use a MH. (Metal halide) But the LED is perfectly fine. (You can get everything online, if that's an option. MUCH MUCH CHEAPER, look around on ebay, Home depot, (home depot right now where I live has a deal on for a 380 cfm 6 inch inline exhaust with a big charcoal air filter for just 158$!!!) and sites of the same stature. They have some REALLY good deals) :Namaste:

I am so happy I posted this and to have met you. You learn as you go, and as soon as I got started I knew right away I needed at least two tents and a couple more things to make this really work. So this gave me the push to go ahead and make it happen. Think were gonna do a slight bigger tent with 2 1000w HPS's (they are not too badly priced). :)

I am a little disappointed in my G8. They said the 450w was the same as 1000w HPS. I will say I think they LED did good on the veg part. I have never seen such a green plant before.

As far as these buds. They might be tiny, but they are covered in trichomes, should I switch out the lights ASAP and see what happens? Even tiny they are still smokable, right, so I should still harvest eventually?

One last question for you if I may. Are reg seeds from a bank safe to order? By safe I mean quality. I liked the idea of autos, but now that I see the yield in person (and the time, effort, and cost I have put in), along with what you said, I think I want to do the photo's from now on. I have a bunch of bag seed, but not sure if that will grow? Still like to pick my strains though. ;)

I am so happy I posted this and to have met you. You learn as you go, and as soon as I got started I knew right away I needed at least two tents and a couple more things to make this really work. So this gave me the push to go ahead and make it happen. Think were gonna do a slight bigger tent with 2 1000w HPS's (they are not too badly priced). :)

I am a little disappointed in my G8. They said the 450w was the same as 1000w HPS. I will say I think they LED did good on the veg part. I have never seen such a green plant before.

As far as these buds. They might be tiny, but they are covered in trichomes, should I switch out the lights ASAP and see what happens? Even tiny they are still smokable, right, so I should still harvest eventually?

One last question for you if I may. Are reg seeds from a bank safe to order? By safe I mean quality. I liked the idea of autos, but now that I see the yield in person (and the time, effort, and cost I have put in), along with what you said, I think I want to do the photo's from now on. I have a bunch of bag seed, but not sure if that will grow? Still like to pick my strains though. ;)

Yup, still harvest! She's still good to smoke even tho she's suffering from impotency ( ;P ).

SO, as for the seeds from "seed banks", if you want my honest opinion,,,, most of them are 100% complete garbage. What these "seed banks" do is pump out as much F3,F4, and even F5 seeds as possible. & lie and say they are true F1's and stable genetics...... (Fem'd, Auto'd and reg'd doesn't matter they are all the same from these "seed banks". ) What this dose is change the entire line of genetics. First of all "fem'd, & "auto" seeds are the last lineage of genetics for that species/strain. You cannot build ontop of the genetics or play with them, after they've been fem'd and auto'd. These seeds are also way more unstable then your "Regular" counterpart. The only way to insure you have good strong and true genetics, is to germie out reg seeds. BUT, "seed banks" have taken it upon themselves to pump out as much seeds as possible without caring for quality or genetic stabilized backgrounds. (It's sad, but even our industry is based around greedy individuals who care more about a dollar in their pocket, rather than the satisfaction of the customer or the genetic lineage of the seeds they are selling).

All of this being said, it really depends on whom he individual is. Auto seeds and Fem seeds are fine and useful as good beginner seed. So one can get used to the 'art' of growing first before stepping in the world of playing "god" -if you would. Now, not all seed banks online are bad (almost all of them). There are a few (JUST A FEW) that take pride in what they do, and really try to give us the most vigorous, strongest & stable genetics possible. ( Allot of them say they're selling "F1" seeds when really they are lying and are really F4's or F5's, Hense why your plant turned out the way it did, or others hermie, like Subcool's genetics, he's known all over the world for his skillz, but his seeds at TGA genetics & on his site are all produce for $ and NOTHING MORE. From what I hear and see, 60 +% of his strains hermie... ) So you have to be careful in deciding where you get your genetics from... But growing out REG seeds and weaning out the males will give you the best gentical flowers possible, which you can also build on after you get he hang of things, unlike when you have fem'd or auto'd seeds... They are basically the genetic killers of our cannabis strain lineages. .. Try to ask or make sure that the seeds you purchase are always F1's. & stable. These will be the best genetic backgrounds to grow out, because they are the strongest, vigorous and even more potent then any other seeds. (in some cases even yeild and aromas). You also will get a much healthier plants, less prone to disease. (depending on whom you are of course) One of the best way's to get your hands on good genetics is to keep your eyes and ears open in the marijuana community, always be on the look out for new good stable F1 genetics and ask a fellow cultivator/breeder (such as myself if they can part with some seeds) I find by doing this Im saving our genetics one seed at a time. I'd rather see pure genetics populating "the streets" then some man modified seed. It almost can be compared to store bought meat vs wild meat. Store bought meat is the most disgusting food on earth....( another story for another time... lol) human intervention when it comes to nature is NEVER good, remember that ;)

As for safety. Yes, almost all of the seed banks online today have fast and discreet shipping. Sometimes they get "lost" in the mail. But if you just call them up and explain the situation they will almost always replace them free of charge. Seed banks online are VERY safe and user friendly these days. So no worries there. But as for quality wise,,,it all depends on whom you go too. Like I said above, there are only a FEW good seed banks out there with good quality genetics. I hope this has helped you out. I really tried to keep it on a level so a beginner like yourself would understand. ;) :Namaste:

I know this is a very old thread, but I've been doing some researching and KidGrow420's assessment seems to be on point. My question would be, am I more likely to find more stable genetics in the Mexican sativa or hybrid strains commonly called schwag? The reason I asked is because I use to smoke a lot of scwhag back when that was all we could get down South. The last few years I've seen decent schwag, as if like a lot have stated that the grower was more concerned with profit than quality. My thing is, the end result cant be worse than the schwag it came from.

I'm no expert but I think kids post was bs. First off he slammed all fem and auto seed breeders and said only go with reg seeds. Then slams subcool. Hold on, subcool only does regs. That's all. Maybe some of the seed breeders are junk. But to blanket all of fems and autos are garbage is an arrogant statement

Sent from my XT1254 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom