Is this bud thinning and stretching or just growing?

Mikeytv

Need a little help friends. Into a 2nd grow and notice a lot of variance from grow 1(g1).
Basics of what I do know: I'm a newbie so bare with me, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.
400 watt hps in flower.
Just bad seed I've gathered over time. Honestly, not sure the roots of any of them but their moms were delish!
Was using led/cfl and fluorescent for veg.
I didn't veg for long to keep plants short.
I have used a flower nute but only once as it seems I always end up burning leaves no matter how much I cut it. Otherwise just ph'd water. All are sitting in a coco/soil mix I was playing with. Has some perlite, worm casting and lots of love. Most plants are in fabric pots 5 gallon and 3 gallon. But I realize I'm not filling top so maybe 2/3 of pot.
Ventilated space (long closet) but two fans so heat is controlled. Averaging 68-75 at night. 70 -80 during day. (Near 90 during day in late summer)
I'm about a month into flower. And never seem flowers branch likes they have. It's not terrible but was wondering because I read too close, too far from light then I wonder if it's a strain thing too. Or I wonder if it's just getting ready to fatten up again. Meaning maybe it's just the buds growing? I don't know which is why I ask you guys and gals.
Oh, light is about 12-15 inches from the back plants (the two with the most confusing top colas) and up to 18 from some of the outer plants. Didn't mean to get so many females but what can I say... the ladies like me!

Any input would be great and appreciated.

Thank you friends!
420-magazine-mobile1463242349.jpg

Sent from mikeytv

I'm really mostly confused about the tall two girls in the back in the left side. Seem stretchy and the other one seems like it's popping new buds in a less uniformed way. Yes, all taste as pretty but more curious if this is a growers error causing this variance. Thanks again!

Sent from mikeytv

I need a regular light picture, and watch your temps for sure flowering shouldn't get above 80 degrees you can bleach you tops and also burn trichs and thc. Try to bend the stalk away from light using rope or yo-yo's and keep a 24 inch distance

Ken, I have read this can happen from lights being too far away too. The plant stretches and gets thin to reach the light. Everything I read was to keep lights as close but not too close to burn plant. As for the trichomes. My most mature plant, albeit small, showed maybe 80+ % of milky tris with small amounts of amber.
These, however, still are producing heavy calyxes and don't have that "finished" look just yet, but I will check today on that.

Sent from mikeytv

It all depends on what kind of lights you are using if its hps or mh then distance is 24inches. Your heat will do it and also buds do it towards the end of flowering

Thanks for the info. I moved my hps up after I read earlier messages and will see how that turns out. I'm between 4-6 weeks of flower and most still have some time to grow so I tend to lean away from finishing although I'm greener than my plants when it comes to knowing this stuff. I will keep an eye on trichs but I am hoping they will swell more before harvest. Thanks!

Sent from mikeytv

Your trichs have to be milky white and some amber 30 to 50 percent amber. Otherwise its trash weed, so make sure you use a microscope to check those trichs before chop nothing worst than giving all that love to get bad medicine. You deserve the best bc you raised those ladies and loved them

If you can get a natural light picture it will help people diagnose your problems. Ask angrybird and or cultivator both are nice and both are very knowledgeable

I'm definitely no were near amber yet. The one I did take out is mostly milky and very little amber. It's still potted but in darkness for a couple days with intent to cut in a week or so. Maybe I will put her back in. I was thinking of seeing how she tasted at this trich stage- but you have me questioning that idea. It's only one plant with one main cola- too many girls sharing space to spread my girls out too much. Next grow will be cut to just 2 (maybe 4) plants that I'm working on really spreading open.
Anyhoo, I will work on getting pics in natural light. I'm sure there will be more questions and answers as I have leaf burn too.
Growing is like golf. Never find perfection, but how fulfilling when you grow a little better!

Sent from mikeytv

I am a experienced grower and i do new readings and experiments all the time, mainlining is my new one once beans come in. Cant wait its gonna be a winter kush, vanilla and critical so it should get great yeilds plus all my clones and flowering my mothers also
5179711bff9eb826b8869465e2a67e98.jpg
9f18e721211ede89bf351b767336999a.jpg
443977a3a0953f33cae7e466a82870f4.jpg

Yes, mainlining, that is what I'm trying to work on with my new girls. These, not so much. Lol
Thank you again for your help and I will post some more and better pics later today.

Sent from mikeytv

Glad to see you passionate about growing. Its a beautiful thing watching them grow quickly. I am a hydro grower and soil so my grows are fast bc hydro can grow 2 inches in a day
464763a2376e9fa84255fb738823c530.jpg
0196cae251a1279ebe870111bd277155.jpg
a9db98f31386fca79c385a72af528808.jpg
a96ba7009e503b753629bcbf0b6d2761.jpg
a71c053ccfae585342ccb77fc547d5b6.jpg

I have been adding molasses here and again and been trying to read up on cal mag, it seems I can't find a good balance in nutes without either not seeing much or burning the leaves. I can't wait for you to see my plants in natural light. I have been ok with some burn or dying leaves as I'm in flower and figure I'm in mid or late at that but seeing others ladies looking so pretty, makes a man to wonder...your help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from mikeytv

Ken, here is a flash pic of the two that I'm most curious about. The stretching on the left and almost crown pattern on the right cola.
420-magazine-mobile378236892.jpg

Here is the one I pulled. She isn't very big at all but her hairs were turning almost all red (except very lower buds) and trichs are all or almost all cloudy with a few hints of amber( and a few hints of clear still too) but I have had her in darkness since Monday and was kind of curious the quality with just mostly all cloudy trichomes instead of the heavy side on amber.
420-magazine-mobile1064639556.jpg
420-magazine-mobile689331464.jpg

For reference sake, here is from my first grow dried for about 5 days and cured for a month.
420-magazine-mobile1142048244.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2127279737.jpg

Love to hear feedback and suggestions to make it all bigger, faster, and most important the best quality, taste and effect.

Here's me sitting Indian style (are we still allowed to refer to it like that!?!) listening to every word....

I am grateful.

Sent from mikeytv

To add, that one I "pulled" (pics above). Do you notice how bubbly/bulbousy it is? My first go everything was more uniform, this time I have plants that seems to shoot off buds in top of buds, and this bubbly bud pattern. I know I have seen similar before but no clue why or if it's good or bad or neither. Ideas?

Sent from mikeytv

Its called foxtailing google foxtailing cannabis and do a lil reading if you notice my lady is fem bean flipped on October 16th, my fans are all still green bc of my nutes i use. She will always tell you what she needs. To me she looks close to being done. And you should definitely look into DWC buckets and start hydro you have enough experience to start it

See, but I thought the fox tailing occurred because the plant is reaching for light. But if it happens when light is too close, seems counterintuitive for the girl. Meaning if something is to much why stretch towards to more? Maybe I'm just seeing this in the wrong perspective... I will research further but you really gave me much to think about. Also, the nutes are one of my biggest struggles. I just can't seem to find the balance with my nutes. I have used a bloom nute but I can't seem to thin it out enough to not affect leaves. I will get there but it is a puzzle to me.

Sent from mikeytv

Back
Top Bottom