K-Train & Shining Silver Haze Bloom Cycle - LED CFL DIY cabinet soil

TriangleCheese

Hi guys,

Plants are now in pre flowering period. As I mentioned in previous topic, I am feeding them with a mild solution which does not contain any nutrients. Main stems are pretty thick for plants of this size. Branching is also good since every top node gets more than enough light. Here are the pictures;

IMG_119740.JPG
IMG_119641.JPG
IMG_119539.JPG
IMG_119441.JPG
IMG_119233.JPG

IMG_119842.JPG

re: K-Train & Shining Silver Haze Bloom Cycle - LED CFL DIY cabinet soil

Another thing I want to share is that I saw some roots coming out of the holes at the bottom of the pot. There was a 20cm root between the bottom of the pot and the plate :) I think I made these roots grow crazy. Now I can feed them everyday with 0.5 litre each. I am also planning to add some soil to top just to make sure the roots won't be exposed to light. Really huge root mass there. Almost like hydroponics :)

By the way the cabinet is 40x70x90cm. I consider that as a small cabinet. My previous grow yielded 100 grams from a much bigger cabinet. I think with these rectangular pots and this kind of root system this will yield 100-120 grams hopefully.

A couple of questions, is that the K-Train in the back, the tall plants. Is that 100-120 grams of yield from all the plants in your tub.

Actually the plant in the back and right is SSH. My K-Train looks like a true indica(whereas my friends K-Train looks like more hybrid and show more signs of sativa), which is short with great roots and dense branching. I am expecting 100-120 grams for total. These plants are short but really fat thanks to lst. Shining silver haze will yield more than K-Train I believe. I fed them same and I will flush them almost same.

I was asking because I'm finishing some K-Train too along with some, OG Kush, Delicious Candy, Lemon Cheese Cake, and Lemon Thai Kush, all clones. I think I might have mixed up some of my stakes, oh well :yummy: I see you scrog, I haven't tried that yet but I see your getting good results, I like to stake up, experimented with the 1gal pots, they worked ok but I'll stick with my 3gal pot :reading420magazine: well, here's my little set up, a 4x4 running with a 600w/21K hps, ballast at 3/4 power, 4- 42w/21K CFL's to assist, and a 6" exhaust fan and filter, very easy to maintain.
4x4_flw_n_blm_tent.JPG

I was asking because I'm finishing some K-Train too along with some, OG Kush, Delicious Candy, Lemon Cheese Cake, and Lemon Thai Kush, all clones. I think I might have mixed up some of my stakes, oh well :yummy: I see you scrog, I haven't tried that yet but I see your getting good results, I like to stake up, experimented with the 1gal pots, they worked ok but I'll stick with my 3gal pot :reading420magazine: well, here's my little set up, a 4x4 running with a 600w/21K hps, ballast at 3/4 power, 4- 42w/21K CFL's to assist, and a 6" exhaust fan and filter, very easy to maintain.
4x4_flw_n_blm_tent.JPG

I have a screen but this grow is not a scrog grow. I used lst mostly to lead branches to empty spaces. Also getting them into the lateral axis so that the small nodes under the main node will grow taller and produce their own fat buds. This will result in 6-7 pieces of big buds(9-10 grams) and lots of dense nugs like 3 or 4 grams. You can achieve this kind of layout with scrog too but you got a wide cabinet so it will take too much vegetation time. I personally like small cabinets. You can fit 3 of my cabinets in yours and that means you can get 250 to 300 grams easily. If you your plants yield approximately that much, then you must be doing okay. Of course you can get 2 times more yield with proper scrog but it will cost you maybe twice the time. Doing scrog is a good thing if you are totally comfortable with a grow cabinet in your house unlike me :) I got a very small apartment so I need to maximize the yield.

PS: About too much vegetation time, you can solve this issue easily by using hydroponics. I assume that is not an issue for you :)

Here are some pictures from bloom period week 4. I will flush plants one more time in 1 or 2 days. Then buds will explode :)

PS: I would like to share an observation. Normally I cut all the fan leaves before flowering but this time I decided to keep them. I think plants have greater resistance compared to the trimmed ones. Maybe its just the strain but I am used to these kind so, that might not likely the case. We will see :lot-o-toke:

IMG_123742.JPG
IMG_123837.JPG
IMG_123948.JPG
IMG_124140.JPG
IMG_124041.JPG
IMG_124241.JPG

Very nice setup your ladies really look nice, no I don't cut off my fan leaves, if anything negative is going on with the plant, it will show in the fan leaves first. I do trim from the bottom and I do thin out some but for the most part I let them grow until harvest.

Today I also supercropped the long sidebranches on SSH. I usually cut lower branches but this time they all made it to the top so I decided to keep and supercrop them as well. They are kinda too small for backbuilding but if supercropping responds well, buds will get fatter so I can backbuild them too. I also supercropped every possible thin branches on K-Train. There are not too many of them but they get intense light so I will treat them in the same way I did side branches of SSH. Intense feeding with no flush for 2 weeks and after that we will see if that is necessary or not. If bud size satisfies me then I can flush because better taste always translates into a better high :blunt:

Several days after backbuilding and a few after the supercropping. Plants tell me that they need more water and nutes. I will make sure they get enough :) After that I will flush when they reach their last 2 weeks. SSH needs to stay 1 week longer than KTR. But still I will flush them together then feed KTR for 1.5 weeks and SSH for 2.5 weeks. I will finalize with a last flush with the Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish. Below, second picture shows the side branché community stretching from the very lower parts of the SSH, which I normally crop. I think they will worth being kept.

Live from the cabinet;

IMG_124838.JPG
IMG_125233.JPG
IMG_124940.JPG
IMG_125536.JPG
IMG_125442.JPG
IMG_125131.JPG
IMG_125043.JPG
IMG_125335.JPG

Enjoy :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom