Has my plant hermied? 1st time grower

noobzilla420

Hey all, I've been growing this plant which is a couple of weeks away from harvest. Recently I just started looking into plants hermying, and noticed a couple of things around the main cola and a couple of other bud sites. I have a rough idea of what i'm looking for, and here are a couple of pictures of "areas of concern", and just for show the main cola. Pretty sure they are the plant's calyx but opinions are appreciated.

On a side note looking at the cola, is it time to start flushing? This is probably a strain specific question, and I have no idea what strain it is, so a rough idea is as good as an accurate one. ;)

Regards
Noobzilla420

gvMiCRZ.jpg
uNVW46P.jpg

I don't see any sign of hermie flowers. The things you are looking at are calyxes. They do look pollinated- which would indicate a male or hermie around. But they may not be pollinated, sometimes they just get a little swollen looking. Open one up and see.

I think shes got swollen bits mate. I cant see any sign of hermi. Looks crystally enough. Hows she smell. Can i get a full plant view. Dont look ready to flush from what i see

grow n steady wins the race

thanks for the reply!
i opened up 2 of them, and both seemed to have small whitish greenish balls in them, so perhaps it was pollinated recently :/ shit.

here is a pic with the best resolution i could muster.

smells pretty good, though I wouldn't know if it is strong or not. At night it goes into my dark room, and the next morning the house is pretty smelly lol. good thing no one here cares.

// The calyx
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

// The plant as a whole (is only a baby, 1.5ft tall, mostly grown outside, but is inside atm due to unruly weather)
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

If it was pollinated by hermie action, the seeds will most likely be prone to growing hermies as well. If it was from a male- :thumb: Seeds generally won't hurt your bud- mostly they just take up room.

It is possible a there's a male around somewhere, since I live near a reserve of some description, but it's just slightly disappointing that the grower didn't deal to it earlier, and it won't be everything that it could be. However, will check another one in about a week or so and see if anything is actually developing (as the little white greenish balls are ~1mm or less, so may just be a part of the pistil end?)

Thanks for the replies, and will post back if anyone is interested.

I was wondering the same thing about mine, or maybe I put it to close to the light. If anyone knows what this looks like to them I'd greatly appreciate it.
420-magazine-mobile414027805.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1395556460.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom