Can I use this hermied flower to make some seeds?

justx

Hi there.. I have one small female plant that suffered and looks a bit stressed and now I've realized that because of that stress the plant has hermied... Well it wont be so bad as long as I can use her pollen to make some feminzed seeds (I have 7 other females)... The question is, can I really make some feminized seeds from the pollen of this hermied plant? (It has grown flowers at the top, but then suffered some damage and then hermied most at the bottom and a little bit at the top..)

pics:
WhatsApp_Image_2017-04-11_at_00_01_38.jpeg

WhatsApp_Image_2017-04-11_at_00_01_38_1_.jpeg

It depends what the stress was and why only this one hermied

I would throw it away and take some cuttings from the lower branches of the other plants that didn't hermie

The only plants that you want pollen from are ones that staminate very late in flower

Just leave some lower buds under 12/12 after the harvest

Looks like to me u got powdery mildew , hard to exactly tell from the quality of picture. But if so I would discard and start over ... 3 of my mothers
Got pm and I tossed em had to start over didn't wanna even chance the shit ... I wouldn't mess with a hemie some people
May argue that but to me why use a hermie seed when u can get quality seeds online ,
If u can afford the seeds in my opinion then u shouldn't grow , best grow setup and skill dnt go with junk seeds

I've grown some very good bag seed... just sayin :) but I've also grown some very bad bag seed as well. It's a gamble an one I find fun cause u just never know what u can get. Anything that hermits however I kill with a vengeance unless it's almost finished flower when it starts showing even then I ditch the remaining seeds I personally don't like seedy weed

I'm pretty sure that those marks on the lower leaves are mostly some old problems I've had, does not look like powdery mild to me.

I agree with Richard... It depends on what stress and why only this plant. Maybe it wasn't stress and the genetics are prone to produce bananas and unless she grew balls where the single calyx sits beneath each bud she technically isn't a hermie..

What's the strain??

It is a sativa dominant, I didnt buy the seeds, the seeds I bought still havent arrived from Nirvana, but it looks a lot like a white widow. I still have 1 and a half month worth of flowering so it can still be a premature guess.. :)
Thanks for the reply and information, you - and everyone else - have been very helpful!

Back
Top Bottom