Adding Sugar To Budding Plants?

flytier

Hey everybody. I've been reading here and there that the best way to add sugar to a budding plant for growth and taste is to use a bit of blackstrap molasses when watering. Just curious: has anyone ever tried honey? I ask simply because I prefer it to molasses, no other reason. I just don't know if I want to try it without knowing what to expect, since I don't know if honey has any compounds in it that may not be in the plants' best interest, and I'm still tiptoeing through my first grow. Any information/opinion would be appreciated. Thanks.

I brgan feeding Blackstrap Molasses a week ago ...It feeds the soil not the plant, or so I've been told.
Results have been almose immediate! Ladies began praying as if to ask for more:)
Only mix about 5 ml per gallon in plain tap water every week or so..Next day, I feed nutes to my budding ladies as normal.
Never tried honey but I may give it a go next grow..
My 4 ladies in as of 4.25.17,,week two after flipping 12/12.
Note; this s my 1st real grow:)

4-25-17.jpg

It had me wondering because I read (on some website or in an ebook I downloaded or something) that adds a bit of taste to the buds as well. I would think that if it was for the soil only just plain sugar would suffice.
it is only for the soil mollasses has.iron calcuim all sorts in it but it dont help plant just soil but healthy happy soil makes happy plant

I brgan feeding Blackstrap Molasses a week ago ...It feeds the soil not the plant, or so I've been told.
Results have been almose immediate! Ladies began praying as if to ask for more:)
Only mix about 5 ml per gallon in plain tap water every week or so..Next day, I feed nutes to my budding ladies as normal.
Never tried honey but I may give it a go next grow..
My 4 ladies in as of 4.25.17,,week two after flipping 12/12.
Note; this s my 1st real grow:)

4-25-17.jpg
Very nice set up dude I'm thinking of adding molasses to my strawberry cough she's in week 6 of flower and Ima probably run her to week 10 to 12 so what weeks do u advise me to add molasses to her ? I am going to be flushing for 2 weeks before harvest can I add molasses as I flush too or...sorry to butt in but I must ask

We use molasses and start it at about 3 weeks into veg and continue with it all through flower. Then stop at about the last week and then flush. Our grows are all organic and like stated above it feeds the soil,helps add as much as 20 percent to the weight of the buds and does nothing to the taste . Happy Growing ..

We use molasses and start it at about 3 weeks into veg and continue with it all through flower. Then stop at about the last week and then flush. Our grows are all organic and like stated above it feeds the soil,helps add as much as 20 percent to the weight of the buds and does nothing to the taste . Happy Growing ..
thanksJtD

Ok, I have some White Widows that are about 3 wks into veg now. I should grab some molasses soon. As for the organic part, just today I brought home some fish compost made last year. I work at a salmon hatchery and there is an endless supply of the stuff up there. Thanks for the info.

Ok, I have some White Widows that are about 3 wks into veg now. I should grab some molasses soon. As for the organic part, just today I brought home some fish compost made last year. I work at a salmon hatchery and there is an endless supply of the stuff up there. Thanks for the info.
ur sweet them fish blood n.guts is unreal plant food.make.sure mollasses is unsulphured

Flytier Do you have access to any crab shells as they are great to help build a soil with ? Check this out Organic Crab Shell (2-3-0) is an excellent dry organic source of nutrients, including Calcium (23%) and Magnesium (1.33%). It retains moisture in the soil and builds the organic matter. It also gives the roots something to grab onto and wrap around, for a food source, creating a deeper root system. Crab Shell is high in Chitin (Kite-en), which promotes the growth of Chitin eating bacteria in the soil. It will help eliminate Ants, Grubs, Fungus and Root Nematodes, because they are all Chitin based in structure. Put around plants, Crab Shell will keep Slugs and snails off. It also helps choke out weeds and keep moles, voles, mice, etc… from digging up bulbs and root vegetables.

Crab Shell should be worked in the soil before planting, or top dressed. It can be applied to lawns with a broadcast spreader. It shows amazing results on lawns and all plants.

Back
Top Bottom