Too late for colloidal silver?

dieselskunk

I discovered I had all female plants growing but I had hoped for a male to get seeds to save. So reading around I discovered colloidal silver could change a female to a male. My girls were just putting out hairs so I sprayed the smallest plant for the swap. Week 2 and it still looks female, stunted budding but thats it. Was I too late to change it over?

I'm not an expert on the matter and haven't done this myself yet, but I've gathered a few things from reading.

When exactly did you start to flower and when did you start to spray? I think it takes like 3-4 weeks to show any signs of changing. If you started spraying at day 1 of flower it might work, maybe, but week 2 of flower I don't think it would work. Otherwise if you took clones you could spray one of them and seed the other.

Are your plants autos? Apparently you can start spraying an auto a bit later than a regular (from what I've gathered, someone correct me if I'm wrong). A reg or feminized you should start spraying before the flip, an auto I think you can start spraying after the auto-flip (although again you should probably start before, and someone that's actually done this should be able to provide a more accurate answer).

What is your PPM of colloidal silver? Around 50ish (and less than 100) seems to be the go-to ratio. And you should be spraying atleast once maybe twice a day.

I'm sure someone else can offer answers I cannot but hopefully these questions will get the info needed to help others come up with such answers.

I am spraying at 60 ppm once a day and this is the end of week 2. I started spraying around end of week 1 when the hairs started to come in . The plant I am spraying is a skunk #1 regular. I am trying to clone a few cuttings right now in a DWC set up, if they take I could grow them and spray one or two to get a male.

I like the idea of taking a couple clones and re-vegging them. Once they're back and healthy start spraying one when you move it into flower, hold off on the other for about 3 weeks before going 12/12..

I've never tried C. S. once they were flowering but I wouldn't give good odds on it working. That doesn't mean I'd give up on your current project, but I'd make an alternate plan just in case.

Yea I think it's a lost cause on the flowering one I am spraying, the other skunks are putting out resin with nice shiny sparkling sheen. Once I get the clones ( I hope) I will pick one to change over. I was reading somewhere that pollen can be stored so long as it's dark cool and dry. I'll still spray the one plant just for the heck of it, buds are so small I can skip smoking that.

Back
Top Bottom