First Time Scrog - A Few Questions

Hi,

I've got three plants, two are in scrog and I switched them to 12/12 a week ago. I didn't cover the whole tent (48x48x80), because I could see potential problems with taking care of a tent covered in bud. Still, it's about 2/3rds covered.

The thing is, I'm still tucking plants here and there, and wondered if there was cut off point in doing so. Just with the plentiful buds I'm seeing, I'm not sure how big the cola will grow because there's got to be around 60-70 flowers scrogged beneath a two-inch mesh net. So here's my question(s):

What is the normal yield (colas) of someone who scrogs? I know it 'depends,' but is there such a thing as too much growing in one space?

My plants are in 5 gallon bags and I'm only using the 600 mh light, plain water (6.0), and I used up the last of foxfarm trio last week. I'm switching out to foxfarm beastie bloomz, molasses and bat guano, which I'll be digging into the soil next week.

I may do this again, but I'm not sure. It really took alot of my time, and now I'm concerned that having so many buds will diminish the grow. I wish I had photos, but I'm at the tail end of making Windows 10 my "bitch" and don't want to load anything until I'm certain their spyware is out off the software (No, I'm not high. They are watching us.).

Has anyone had a bad experience doing this? I'm totally freaking here.

There usually comes a time - around the time the plant stops stretching, a few weeks into flowering, when most scroggers just let the buds grow upwards and stop major training. Also the plant limbs get stiffer and harder to end around this time.

Yes you can overfill the screen with bud. I do it all too often. It's not so much of a problem getting the bud contained in the screen- because a scrog makes plants very manageable, but I often end up with buds piled upon buds and some of them don't develop as well as others. Not that it's bad-but on a really crowded screen I end up with quite a lot for the hash trimmings collection.

You say all your buds were tucked under the screen? This isn't easy way to do it. Just pull and tuck branches through from underneath when it's convenient. But it usually isn't convenient. I use pipe cleaners and fasten the branches down to the screen from above. A scrog screen is just something to tie down to. A lot of people seem to think you should 'tuck' everything through. That's difficult and totally unnecessary.

Didn't get the last comment. Why are you 'totally freaking out'? Because of your screen? Or something to do with your Windows program?

Thank you so much for responding! Looking at this canopy of cannabis is both exciting and a little daunting. I'm freaking because I thought the leaves were being affected by my pulling them and tucking them (bruising), but now i'm thinking it's a nutrient deficiency. Another lesson for me to remember is with the increase of bud, follows a decrease of nutrients.

As for the 'tucking' in general, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think alot of my intimidation comes from seeing all this shrubbery and not sure when to stop. I originally took on the SCRoG because the people made it look so well-organized. Now I see that the people I've been following were attaching the buds using pipe cleaners, garden tape, ties, etc., I wish I had done that. I don't like touching, grabbing my plants, especially after the 'hairs' start to appear.

Meantime, everything's moving UP and not across, so I'm taking the next few days to clean up some of the dead and dying leaves beneath it.
Thanks again, and I hope to see your harvest!

Back
Top Bottom