Flowering times

Smoker 27

hello im pretty new to this ive been reading about taking plants off at 8 weeks when tricolms are more foggy looking but ive heard to let them go longer than 8 weeks what is the benefits of letting them go longer ??

Foggy or cloudy trichomes is typically the minimum maturity level. The cloudiness is a sign the THCA we are looking for is present.

As the Trichomes continue to mature the color will change from cloudy to Amber. This Amber color is a visual cue that the THCA within is breaking down into other Cannabinoids.

You will find opinions on both sides of the cloudy/Amber fence. The chemical breakdown to Amber is often associated with an added or pronounced sedative effect.

I feel like the amount of Amber I prefer is dependent on the strain. I find Sativa dominant strains can benefit from a little more Amber to round out the effect to taste while too much Amber in an Indica can create an overwhelming coutchlock effect.

You can try a staggered harvest to see how you like to finish your strain.

awesome thank you that makes better sense so what is a good time line ? im growing god bud i wanna pull 2 off at the 8 week mark and the rest leave in longer to see what the effects would be , and do i just flush for that extra week or so ,or keep adding my supplements i use green planet everything ( liquid w8 , massive, finisher and trepinator

Week 8 is a good point to start seriously looking at the Trichome development for God Bud. It sounds like you have a solid plan. If the plant needs a drink in order to go another week or so simply extend the flush.

Cheers,
/Obi

Back
Top Bottom