How do I bud my plants?

old_smokey9483

Hey, my plants are about 1 1/2 feet tall and have been growing for a while. Can I start budding them? And if I can, how? They got white hairs coming from the stalk which is the first sign I've seen, please, any help will be appreciated, thanks. :icon_cool

Flowering Period starts 3/8/05
Once the plant has reached the size you want, you can initiate flowering by giving exactly 12 hours of darkness and 12 hours of light per day. Usually the flowers will be ripe for harvest after 7 to 9 weeks.
Flowering is induced when the level of a particular hormone reaches a critical point. This hormone is produced during the dark period (night) and destroyed by light during the day. It is important, therefore, to ensure that the dark period is totally uninterrupted by any light , even a few minutes could disturb this sensitive process and set backs are a real bitch at this stage...!
If you want more "info" go to my grow journal it is all there or will be soon...
Matanuska Valley's Grow Journal - Page 7 - 420 Magazine

Thank you
MV... :smokin:

thanks dude

where can i get timers at and are they easy to set up also how much are they becuase my plants start thier second month on the 12th tomorrow and after june im going to start budding them but i need to get a timer or i will forget to hit the lights every day.

lol yeah i made a grow box thats working rather well with all walmart materials, they just need to get some better lights. i only paid like under 25$ for all my things i need, including fertilizer and that crap.

Hi all,
My plants are about 2 1/2 to 3 ft tall. They have started to go whiteish at the ends where the new leaves are growing. no hairs or watever yet tho. they are more or less filling my window. one is whitewidow and the other is jackhera i think. what is the best way to make them bud. Shud i put them in a cupboard (if they fit) for 12hours of darkness then bring them out back to my window for 12 hours of sun. do they need perfect darkness with out any interruptions of sun light or bedroom light. i thought with it coming dark early they would bud them selfs. does my bedroom light affect it. Help me out lads/lasses be4 they get huge.

yes, they need uninterrupted darkness for 12 hours and then, as much light as you can give them. i am responding to your request even though i have not made many posts. but i got an e-mail from 420 saying that people who have used their info and had successful grows should help out. i religously have never violated their darkness. if you read a lot of 420 grow room suggestions, they are unanamous. DO NOT VIOLATE THE DARKNESS! i can only use cfl's because i have no way to vent heat. however, i have had extremely good growing success due to the info here.

Ok can anyone here tell me what i need to do. Heres my question i have just started my first grow about 3 months ago my plant is about 5' tall right now and i have done everything that i know and have learned about growing. I have gave it the right amount of water, light, wind, if you think of it i have done it and now i have had it on 12 hours of light for about 3 weeks and still no budd what do i need to do? Please help me.

Ok can anyone here tell me what i need to do. Heres my question i have just started my first grow about 3 months ago my plant is about 5' tall right now and i have done everything that i know and have learned about growing. I have gave it the right amount of water, light, wind, if you think of it i have done it and now i have had it on 12 hours of light for about 3 weeks and still no budd what do i need to do? Please help me.

make sure complete dark, make sure warm e-nuff in the daytime when lights off are they they doing anything that looks like the start off buds?
rnwy

when the nights warm up past 50, I dont think I would leave plants out in anything colder, you could go earlier with a cover. If you start them inside you can put them out around this time depending on how far south you are and they will flower and regen over the summer, just harvest the top third and most of the bud and let them go. Seed wont sprout in cold temps so it depends on your weather, I have read pot wont grow at 65, but I have been growing outside in the 50's this year and the plants are doing great. I dont leave them out at night though, I just sun them in the daytime then put them under lights the rest of the time. :goodluck:

My 1st grow dont know much,but i waited until my plants were 2 months almost 4 feet tall! Changed light cycle to 12/12 within 1 week saw little buds oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

i have no where that i can keep my plant in total darkness for 12 hrs as i live in a caravan with no space to put it in a cupbord, is there any other way i can get my plant to bud?

Back
Top Bottom