How tall must the plant be before bud?

old_smokey9483

I have a 1 1/2 plant, can i bud it at this height?

they are more fat, big leaves

ok thanks :)

If I had to guestimate i'd say 4 1/2? Maybe more. Sativa is the taller of the two. Smokeymac would probably know more about this then me though.

yeah it would depend on the strains ratio of sativa to indica. like if were more of a pure sativa flowered at 1 1/2 feet it would end up some where between 4 1/2 and 5 feet. that would be for like a 90+%. If it were a pure indica some thing like 85+% would end up from 2 feet to 3 1/2 feet. also it would depend on the stability of the strain. some more unstable strains can have some sativa phenotypes and some indicas. a more stable strain's plants would be more like each other and have the same phenotypes. well if you are a breeder some times alot of phenotypes can be good as you can have different highs and growth tastes and smells you have from a strain. if you are growing for a specific high and growth, taste and smells then you want a stable strain. well i hope this helped a bit.

yeah but i thought any plant (sativa or indica) can get as tall as you let them grow before budding

all plants go into strech. if you put it in bud now it will end up around 2-3 feet. it shoots up in the first part of bud, then stops growing. and puts all energy to buds

they're just insane now (1st time i've ever budded) long thick white hairs jetting from the top and the top branches

i don't have like more than 4 males. I brought about 10 or 14 or my new plants outside but they are leaning but still green and perky. Then I got my mother big-ass bitch who's buddin and two more females which i haven't budded yet but they got moster leaves and they are so bushey. I'm going to bud them but i gotta get some shit together first. How long (what month) would you say my mother plant would be fully budded? I was thinkin like mid July

I have a 15inch indica about how big will it grow during flowering? and also is there anything I should look out for in perticular during said process like certain bugs or fungi that are umm attracted or occur on this strain .

By the sixth node, the plant is sexually mature.

One could grow a plant in veg. to a height of 20 feet, however this does not necessarily directly equate to more yield come harvest time. You must have adequate feeding, lighting, and room to allow the growth you have encouraged to flourish. Only then will you see any benefit to the added height you have accumulated during the veg. period.

As such, most experienced indoor growers aim for more horizontal surface area, rather then vertical height. Methods like SCROG, SOG, and LST allow for shorter plants that are exposed to more light while also requiring less resources (light/room/etc.) then a taller plant.

Back
Top Bottom