Advanced nutrients in flowering

Bobby Blunt

I am in my third week of grow, Dutch Passion's Glueberry OG an Auto flower, the plant is showing pistils, I sprayed X-nutrients Bloom on the leaves and watered with Advanced Nutrients; Grow, Micro, Bloom, 4ml each along with B52 and Cal-Mag, ph'd 6.3, I plan to go to bloom in two weeks. Forums say that in bloom, for most nutes you don't need to use your grow nute, the plant doesn't need that much "N" in flower, Advanced say's use Grow and Micro all through the grow phase and bloom nute through the bloom and flowering phase, when I went to advanced feed chart for bloom, it showed all three nutes being used in the flowering phase too. This is not my first grow but I mostly work with Fox Farms, that I do cut back the Grow nute in transition and cut it out by the second nute feeding, I always water, ph only in between nute feeding's. I just want some feed back on this, there are so many ways to grow and flower this wonderful plant, I want to get the best possible finished product I can get :Namaste:

I have used FF for all my grows and can tell you that the recommended doesages by the manufacturer are way too high for growing in soil. Other mediums may be different but when I used the recommended dose the plants suffered. Weird spots showed up on the leaves and the nute burns showed on the leaf tips. I find, that when growing in FF's Ocean Forest potting soil and using a very low dose of any nutes is what works best. Remember, it's just a weed and giving it too much of any kind of nute is not needed. And by dose, even just a small pinch in a gallon of water can be too much, and usually is. Also, it's not necessary to water every day, or even every week. Let the plants tell you what they need and that is usually only a little water, a little food and lots and lots of sunshine. If there's one thing I find that plants can never get enough of, it's sunshine.

Hey Bobby Blunt, I'm a novice grower myself but I'm here so we can help each other out. In one of my grows I just flipped two of my girls and this will be my first Bloom! I have a few questions about your setup. What type of grow medium are your girls in, what size and type of pot are you using?

Back
Top Bottom