First time grower - Help confirming sex

supahobnobba

I think I know the answer to my question but was looking for some insight before I burn down the tent...

Can someone confirm that the pictures below are in fact male plants? End of Week 1 in flower after 8 weeks of vegetation. First grow and it looks like I'm 3 for 3 on males..

IMG_20171029_194854.jpg

IMG_20171029_195035.jpg

IMG_20171029_195248.jpg

IMG_20171029_195306.jpg

It's looking that way.........Id let them go a few more days but start germinating other seeds in the meantime
Thanks GOP. Just dropped some Nirvana Autofem Northern Lights and AK-48 in RO water.

I think one of the plants may be a female as it is not showing the same sac growth as the ones shown in the pictures but I also think it may be a different strain. Should have started with fem seeds from the beginning but bag seed was available and I was impatient. Tough day.

The photos are not really clear, perhaps by now you've got better view. The first photo is male, at least I would be 99.9% sure of that. The other two are not clear enough to see. The trouble with pistils is that the new budding spots will always look something like pistils until they get a little further along. But once the pistils do show up, or at least a couple of days after they first show up, there will be no mistaking them. If you see little balls, then you've got males. If you see little white hairs, then you've got female.

You could always do some colloidal silver on em' give that a go...I'm not sure on the %-% that it works or it doesn't but if I remember right I think it does good tho...but that's just imo...hate to see all that time, effort..etc get chopped and tossed...

The photos are not really clear, perhaps by now you've got better view. The first photo is male, at least I would be 99.9% sure of that. The other two are not clear enough to see. The trouble with pistils is that the new budding spots will always look something like pistils until they get a little further along. But once the pistils do show up, or at least a couple of days after they first show up, there will be no mistaking them. If you see little balls, then you've got males. If you see little white hairs, then you've got female.

I appreciate the analysis. I did end up chopping two of them down unfortunately. The 2nd and 3rd picture were of the same plant and I let it go another week. Still a prick lol

So now I have 1 plant in week 2 of flower and she's looking good thankfully. 3 out of the 4 seedlings are doing well (2 Northern lights and 1 AK48). The other AK48 is burning all 4 leaves and looks almost dead. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Weird that the other three are taking off and I have one straggler under the same conditions.

How does the plant look to you guys? Tried to keep the canopy level and tried my hand at LST. I noticed some burnt tips a couple days ago but looks like it didn't spread. Went back to no nutes and PH 6.4 RO water with a small amount of CalMg added.

IMG_20171108_195924.jpg

IMG_20171109_173038.jpg

IMG_20171109_173050.jpg

IMG_20171108_195909.jpg

Back
Top Bottom