Flowering time

Leeroy88

for indica its 8 weeks average flower time, is this from the time they show sex or the time the cycle is flipped?i ask because i should be starting my flush this week if its from the time the cycles flipped but the buds are alot smaller than i figured especially seeing as theyre 1 foot under a 1000watt hps.

hmm, its not bagseed, there bc blueberry, looking at the trichs alot arent cloudy yet so it doesnt seem to be ready to start flushing, i might push it out another week and see how they look, maybe ill just start using organics only so i only need to flush for a week.

there at week 6 of flower but 4 weeks since they showed sex. anyways thanks for the help.

Leeroy88 said:
for indica its 8 weeks average flower time, is this from the time they show sex or the time the cycle is flipped?i ask because i should be starting my flush this week if its from the time the cycles flipped but the buds are alot smaller than i figured especially seeing as theyre 1 foot under a 1000watt hps.

Give us some more info about your grow, is it a soil or hydro grow? If soil What type of soil are you using and how big of pots are they in? How close are the plants to the light?? Whats your PH?? your plat should be alot bigger if its healthy and growing under a 1000 watt light.

its soil, its fox farms potting soil cut with vermiculite, they are in 2 gallon pots the light is 16 inches away ph is 6.5 i would put up pics but its just asks for a URL,

The breeder's "quoted" flowering time is base on a couple things...

1.) is the plant sexually mature when you go to flower.
2.) genetics.

If the plant has alternating nodes (sign of sexual maturity) then you start the count when you flip to 12/12. Otherwise it's a wait and watch game.

Yes it's true that indica flowers in about 60-70 days or so, with hybrids going a bit longer. Sativas can reach twice that in some cases.

See my sig for a pic upload guide.

The breeders flowering times are also done indoors under close to optimum conditions and for outdoor growers at the latitude and longitude of where they, the breeder, are based. So if your a amateur grower like me who has a less than perfect environment (like most of us do) then your flowering times can be extended by a week or two.

I gotta say, The last two post are right on the money.
Having such a strong grow support makes my job so much easier.
Thank you Torco, Akorn and Racefan.

hmm, its not bagseed, there bc blueberry, looking at the trichs alot arent cloudy yet so it doesnt seem to be ready to start flushing, i might push it out another week and see how they look, maybe ill just start using organics only so i only need to flush for a week.

there at week 6 of flower but 4 weeks since they showed sex. anyways thanks for the help.

So one should not flush then when there THC is still clear then and still 3 weeks to harvest i'm using soil/ hydro all the others are like week 4-5 but the 2 i'm talking about have only 3wks left maybe?,(no how it is pmsl), i no in the soil i just flush and the hydro(Atami Wilma) i change all the reservoir but what if only 1 mmj is near to the chop than the others(STRESSING) As i do not want to move the pot in case i damage the roots as at the bottom i pu clay pebbles along the water run as the last time i had checked it had the roots beginning to come through really need some useful advice or help Please thanx :thumb: :peace:

bro, i think you smoke too much 1st place, lol.. but if ya got a stresser and its 70 percent finished cut her so the others can finish properly, thats if i read your question correctly. cause one of us is smokin way to much here, lol...

So one should not flush then when there THC is still clear then and still 3 weeks to harvest i'm using soil/ hydro all the others are like week 4-5 but the 2 i'm talking about have only 3wks left maybe?,(no how it is pmsl), i no in the soil i just flush and the hydro(Atami Wilma) i change all the reservoir but what if only 1 mmj is near to the chop than the others(STRESSING) As i do not want to move the pot in case i damage the roots as at the bottom i pu clay pebbles along the water run as the last time i had checked it had the roots beginning to come through really need some useful advice or help Please thanx :thumb: :peace:

Just remember for next time to only use clones in a system where you can't harvest individual plants.

7 weeks is a good base for most solid indicas. 52 days .....

Yes, yet let me ask this. Does the size of the plant matter? I'm thinking of starting a continueing grow, well I have started my first and I found too many plants to go into the flowering area. So if I veg some plants longer and they get bigger does that lengthen my flowering time when I put bigger vegging plants under the main flowering light?

Back
Top Bottom