Ready for Harvest? Pics

DUKE1985

Hey guys

These are the most mature looking of the crop. Do they look ready to go?

TT.JPG

TT3.JPG

TT2.JPG

Re: Ready for Harvest?? Pics

I would wait for the hairs to get a few shades darker

Get a magnifying glass and look at the trichomes. This is the best way to gauge maturity. You are looking for the trichomes to go from clear to cloudy. From cloudy they will then goto amber. You want to harvest when all of the trichomes are cloudy and some are starting to go amber. Then you know that the plant has reached it's maximum potential.

everybody has a preferance but any which one you have lying around the house will probably do.

Yeah a regular mag will get you close, but it'll be difficult to see the trich's on a level to notice the amber colors. .. But it'll do. . . its better than waiting for the pistols to change. . . that can be a false indicator more often than not. Looks good none the less. . . :peace:

Bagz

RooRman is right, however theres different ways of harvesting by trichomes. If you harvest when the trichomes are still clear your plant is still immature and doesnt contain as much THC as it should. If you harvest when your trichomes are cloudy then it will give you an energetic/body high. If you harvest when trichomes are half amber and half cloudy then you will get a mix of a couchlock type of stone, and good cerebral buzz. Finally, if you harvest when most trichomes are amber the high will be mostly spent on the couch eating munchies, untill you eventually fall asleep.

RooRman is right, however theres different ways of harvesting by trichomes. If you harvest when the trichomes are still clear your plant is still immature and doesnt contain as much THC as it should. If you harvest when your trichomes are cloudy then it will give you an energetic/body high. If you harvest when trichomes are half amber and half cloudy then you will get a mix of a couchlock type of stone, and good cerebral buzz. Finally, if you harvest when most trichomes are amber the high will be mostly spent on the couch eating munchies, untill you eventually fall asleep.

that's a nice breakdown, i like it, thanks! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Well..I kinda want all of those types of highs at once :cheesygrinsmiley:

Its better to take pics once the light has gone off if you are looking for details. Here is an example.
DSC00256rev.jpg

Dont mean to steal your post, but see what I mean. These were my blueberrys at 49 days. I believe I harvested after the 55th day, but i didnt check the trichromes with a mag glass, i went on hairs. That weed was the couchlock kind. And made you get the munchies and pass out, but i definately dont think they were overmature at 55 days.

If your camera has a close-up button, the pictures come out way clearer if you use it. My camera is 5.1 megapixels too, in case you were wondering.

It could have an indica stone naturally in the strain, don't know the recommended harvest time either.. Never had blueberry.

Blueberry is a complete indica type stone Brett. Blueberries finish around week 8 for me, Mine was mature exactly when week 8 was over. I harvested and have been stuck to the couch ever since :bong:.

Hey guys

I was told that if I cut the hours back to 6/18 they would mature faster (despite a smaller harvest). Is this true? I am trying to finish them asap at this point. I will be visiting radio shack later today. I'll try to get some pics of the trichs

Thanks guys;)

Back
Top Bottom