Do you flush before harvest

Do you flush before harvest?

• No, I feed until the end.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • Yes, I flush with water only.

Votes: 110 75.9%
  • Yes, I flush with additives or a solution.

Votes: 27 18.6%

• Total voters
I was looking over the answers so far in this thread and realized I did not explain my own method at the beginning. In the past I have used only water anywhere between two weeks and a week before harvest. The reason for starting this thread was I am considering flushing with Sweet added. I have heard that some people add carbs at half strength during the flush. I have set a cut off date for nutrients at a week before expected harvest.

I quit feeding 7 days before the cut, and when i say flush, it's three times as much water as the volume of the container the plant is in. i flush three times in that week with carbos added in. no other watering at all.

pictures?

I flush about 5 days before to allow the plant and buds to dry out before hanging.

Using 5 gallon buckets of soil I stop feeding a week before I think it's finished, and then water only for two to three weeks.

meaning, when I think it's a week out it's really three weeks out, especially when growing a new strain.

What exactly is flushing

"Flushing" refers to giving the plant plain water (no nutrients) and at higher then normal volume. This is done either to combat certain complications, such as nutrient burn, or to flush the plants system clean before harvest. Residual nutrients in the buds can lead to a harsh smoke that crackles as it burns and does not taste very good at all. By that point, we can simply call them "impurities".

Speaking to the original topic, I flush at least a good 3-4 weeks before harvest. The last few days the plants are given no water whatsoever. :peace:

Yeah I flush. Previously with straight water for one week. This time with black strap straight through. Once I skipped flushing and fed straight through... Firing up a :joint: was like lighting a sparkler.

It has been interesting hearing from everyone on this subject. I used to flush with only water but have since changed that to flushing with water and 1/2 strength Sweet. This seem to do the trick. Taste is clean, no harshness. Smell is nicely enhanced by the addition; the smells of the usual strains I grow have a noticeable berry undertone on top of their usual skunky or citrus odor. Storage is great; along with a slow cure, the buds store nicely with no hay smell down the line. I flush between 1 and 2 weeks to harvest.

thanks. i dont use nutes yet untill i get more money off my first harvest so i dont hafto worry about that yet
I must be confused here. You think your going to pull off a entire 1st grow without using any nutrients and then plan on using money from the first harvest to buy needed nutrients for second grow? Did I read that right or am I missing something here? If I guessed right then you won't be having a first harvest. Plants need food to grow and flower. I have to be reading something wrong. No adult would actually think they could grow without nutrients would they?

I must be confused here. You think your going to pull off a entire 1st grow without using any nutrients and then plan on using money from the first harvest to buy needed nutrients for second grow? Did I read that right or am I missing something here? If I guessed right then you won't be having a first harvest. Plants need food to grow and flower. I have to be reading something wrong. No adult would actually think they could grow without nutrients would they?

If your missing what he's trying to say, then your not alone. I don't get it either. :cheesygrinsmiley:

soil would carry you for awhile on nutrients.. but by now it's probably getting light. Bong water is bad for fish, hamsters, dogs and plants...

Back
Top Bottom