Still flowering strong at 13.66 hrs of light!

Newby

Hello everyone. I ended up moving my 4 females of "Fruity Thai" which were growing indoors under 24hrs of light until I moved them outside more than a month ago. Now, as the days are getting longer, now 13.67 hrs of light, the plants are flowering just as strong as ever and are showing no signs of wanting to go back to the veg phase. I have a 5th female from the same batch of seeds that is growing indoors under 1100 watts of light 12/12 for comparison, and the outside plants are growing more buds and more dense buds in the 13.67 hrs of light than the 12/12 plants. Of course the quantity of outdoor light is off the scale compared to the indoor plant, and that dictates much stronger growth.

? Are these likely to finish flowering even as the days get a bit longer? Is this normal for them to try to finish flowering? I'm curious what you guys think...

:cool:

So you think they will finish?

I only have enough space for the 1 large plant inside so I had to move these others outside with no way to limit the hours of light to 12. I expected them to revert to vegging....so you think they will finish flowering? That would be great for me :yummy:

13_hrs.JPG

13hrsbud.JPG

Are you saying I can start plants flowering and then move them to 13-13.5 hrs of light and they will usually still finish outdoors, but will only yeild 70ish% ?

Once foregoing the 12/12 light cycle your informing your plant that it no longer needs to reproduce and therefore flower. How far along were your four girls before your moved them outside?

Humph...

When the do revert to veg I'm going to cut the tops off all the flowers leaving the base of each bud to regrow. This may not be the best smokin weed, but it's better than nothing.

I'm actually suprised how stong they are flowering right now and will just wait and see what happens.

Thank you all for your input :)

4 weeks is hurt, more time flowering would had been helpful. Keep up what your doing because you have until about 16 hrs of daylight. Around that point they will definitely revert back to veg. Since your not quite at 14 and their still flowering you got some more time. Can you estimate when your area will be getting 15 and then 16hrs of daylight? That will give you an idea of how much time you have left.

Here is a fabulous site where you can get sun and moorise/set date for anywhere in the world

Complete Sun and Moon Data for One Day

I just moved one of the 4 outside to cozy up to my inside plant. Now there are two large plants sharing the 1100 watts. I'll have to do a bit of trimming to keep the air flowing properly. Now I'll just wait and see what happens.

The sheer quantity of light outside is hard to resist using. At some point I'm going to try to build a structure that allows outside direct sun, but will have a mechanism for automatically pulling a light proof cover over them after 12 hours.

I've found heat build up is the limiting factor in my indoor situaton, even though I'm doing the 12 hours of light at night which helps. At some point I'll invest in the big fans and vents through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom