Can I shorten the flowering time with 14hrs dark?

Newby

I've just moved my plants indoors because one was showing signs of going from flowering to re-veg. My question is can I put them under more hours of dark than 12 hours to shorten the time needed to finish? ( I understand this will reduce the yeild )

:yummy:

Thank you again, you are always so very helpful!

My issue is I have 5 6 ft tall x 3ft wide plants and only one reflector with
1 600 w HPS
1 250 w MH/Agrosun
1 250 w HPS

I did just happen to have a light mover laying around (really!) so I've put the lights on a 6 ft rail moving back and forth.

Since the plants were grown outdoors and used to light from the sides as well as the top, they are pretty dense. My guess is if I try to shorten the time left to finish I may not loose that much yield because much of the inner and lower areas are pretty shaded with the light now only coming from the top.

Seperately, I've been inspecting my plants regularly and the indoor plant, maybe because of some variable stresses I've put on the plant, is making a cluster of male flowers. I'm watching it very closely because I do want to make a bunch of female seeds for the future, but I know that if there is one cluster of flowers on this plant more may appear....I'm watching as close as I can daily to try to prevent mass pollination.

I sneaked a sample of my Fruity thai into my vaporizer after drying it for about 10 days, harsh smoke because I was not yet flushing the plant, but it gives a very nice, mellow, yet alert high, with no couch lock and no noticable residual the next day. I'm very impressed and will definitely grow this again.

:rollit:

Here is a photo before I added the side lighting.

LightMover.JPG

Much thanks :)

Wow! Thank you guys. This is my first real grow (not counting a small effort one time in high school), and by posting here you guys educated me on what the problems were and how to correct/avoid them in the future. Much Grass for that ;)
I've just added a 6" fan which is cooling the lights exiting straight up out of my roof vent and moved my 4" to a carbon can for odor removal for more air circulation (also venting outside). I have an oscillating fan running which seems to move air well enough through the centers of the plants, even though they are dense. The light mover is really useful here. I'll add the 4 CFLs tonight when the lights come on again. My goal now is to get them to finish and see what yield I've got. I was planning to harvest when about 75% of the pistils are brown.

I'm making some female seeds of this Fruity Thai because I like the high a lot:yummy: My next grow is going to be some lowryder#2. Just for fun, I'll cross the Lowryder2 with this and see what I get (knowing the characteristics will not be stable yet)

I'll post more photos when there is something new to share.
Thanks again for all your help

I've just moved my plants indoors because one was showing signs of going from flowering to re-veg. My question is can I put them under more hours of dark than 12 hours to shorten the time needed to finish? ( I understand this will reduce the yeild )

:yummy:
IT WILL REDUCE YEILD AS WELL AS THE THC LEVEL

Please tell me if I can move from 10/14 back to 12/12? wouldnt that ruin everything? its my first grow and i read somewhere that switching to 10/14 towards the end of flowering would actually INCREASE the yield. its been already 3 weeks under 10/14, but still not a time to harvest. what a dumbass i am :/

You can do that. No problem.

As long as the night time is 12 hours they will keep flowering.

The worst you can expect is some nanners appearing,

but only if the extra light freaks them out.

The diminishing light schedule tries to replicate the end of summer

by reducing the light hours slowly over the last few weeks of flowering.

Not by suddenly taking away 2 hours of light.

You can do that. No problem.

As long as the night time is 12 hours they will keep flowering.

The worst you can expect is some nanners appearing,

but only if the extra light freaks them out.

The diminishing light schedule tries to replicate the end of summer

by reducing the light hours slowly over the last few weeks of flowering.

Not by suddenly taking away 2 hours of light.

I'm confused, should i add these two hours in the morning or evening? It used to grow a few balls at the bottom, but nothing serious. the harvest window for it is open already, but i will wait maybe up to two weeks. so where do i add these 2 hours of light?

thanks a lot for your reply

Back
Top Bottom