HELP! Seeds Galore!

Bindi

This is a question I am asking for a friend. He has grown three indoor crops of three different strains-- white widow, moon goo and blue dot-- within the last two months and all three are riddled with seeds. The buds are dense and hard. This is a longtime grower using a newly-built room who hasn't had this problem before and can't figure it out.

What can cause this to happen? Is it possible that some renegade pollen from somewhere else could have made it through the venilation system and pollenated every bud in all three grows? Could some kind of grow nutrient cause this? Does a female plant have to herm to make seeds? He swears he didn't see any male flowers. The plants did share the same flower room, but were harvested at different times.

As you can imagine, my friend is beside himself. He has had to toss three crops for the seeds. Any insight greatly appreciated.

Bindi

Could be , your friend saw them but wasn't aware of what he was seeing. Sometimes late into the flower cycle , male flowers don't look like the classic male flower. They look more like a tiny single yellow bannana.......For your friends buds to end up with as many seeded buds as he did , I doubt that stray pollen would be the cause, more likely more than a few single male flowers hidden amongst the female calyxes.:smokin:

^Paladin, you are on the money! Good advice.

Here is what they look like.

This is a rare occurrence. If you harvest the pollen from these male flowers and use it to pollinate the same strain, you will get feminised seeds.

maleflower31.jpg

maleflower4.jpg

The bag I just got had no trichs on the outside, and was relatively dry. I change my clothes and wash before going in to the grow room, as there were some seeds in the bag.

wow i never dreamed buying a sack culd poolenate your lab, i think its a good rule of thumb to chnage and shower up anytime you've been outside before seeing your beauties, imean its not only pollen you need to worry about, there's so many other things that could be brought in with you (i.e. mites as a friend of mine learned the hard way)

Back
Top Bottom