Black Patches Appeared On Leaves

StonyGeoff

I topped my cola a few weeks into flowering, then transplanted her into a larger pot like 1 week (maybe 2) after. Dumb thing to do :rollingeyes: cos the worst part is as I was placing her into her new pot, I crumbled a nice say third of the bottom part of the (is it rootball?), anyway after a week or so of severely drooping fans and leaves, I've noticed a few of the leaves coming out of the next 2 or 3 buds, which were directly beneath the main cola which I'd topped earlier, turning jet-black in patches! :hmmmm:
She still looks healthy now, much healthier than 1 week ago, no-more drooping fans and she's put on a few inches of growth in parts :cheesygrinsmiley:

Has anyone ever noticed this happening to them before in a similar type situation? I thought perhaps it was simply meant to look that way because I have NO idea what strain of herb I'm growing (random seed), and the fact that the leaves with black patches don't look unhealthy compared to the rest.. not even a little bit! It almost looks as if I'd gone and painted them black myself with a felt-tip pen or something :laughtwo:

(perhaps a Phosphorus deficiency? quite a few leaf tips curling up and going brown)

I'll chuck up a few snaps of what I mean, soon as I get my bugger of a new mobile phone to get MMS set-up and working so I can email the pics onto my PC and post them up for ya's!

Thanking everyone in advance for your time :grinjoint:

Peace
:peace:

.....it may be a few days until I am able to upload any pics, which is a bugger!
I just have 2 questions: Do plants generally recover, without too much drama, from shock (such as in this particular case) if at all?
And what's the worst that might happen to her by the way I mistakenly topped the poor girl?

I'd appreciate any further advice but I do understand there's not a real lot you can tell me until I get the photos up 'n' cranking.

Cheers

My feelings are you practiced these techniques at the wrong stages of the plants growth.

Plants should be topped in the veg. phase only, you should not top a flowering plant. This causes alot of stress because the plant cannot dedicate it's energy entirely to either flowering or regenerating and must divide it's energy in order to accomplish both. What you end up with is a plant that is doing neither very well.

Transplanting is always a traumatic process for a plant to undergo and by doing so right after topping only increased the stress on the plant exponentially. Again, full-flowering plants should not be transplanted. The final transplant should be done at the very start of flowering once sex is determined.

As for the black leaves, I cannot comment. Suffice to say I have never seen jet black leaves on a plant in person before. :peace:

The black leaves mostly have died off now.. There are a few black spots/patches and they just look like dead leaves. Probably the extreme shock/stress I just put her through. Here are a few snaps I managed to get online (finally) and I deleted the pics I had of the black patches .. doh! I'll get em tomorrow.
These photos are of rather low quality, but this is "nute burn" and not a Phosphorus deficiency, am I right?
Photo-0034.jpg

Photo-0033.jpg

(ps I've been using a double-strength mix of MG and rainwater for the last few 3-4 weeks, feeding on a weekly schedule. I've flushed her with straight rain-water now and I'm dropping the food dose back to half-strength mix. I dont know what I was thinking LOL. I think I read somewhere someone got away with using chem ferts that strong and it was good.. oh dear)

Keep your ferts at 50%. Get some Seasol at Magnet Mart and foliar spray 10 ml in 5 litres. Watering cycle is to be wet/dry. You are doing too much and trying to diagnose problems that just are not there. You are killing your plants with kindness. The cold weather is causing the purpling, not a nute deficiency. The double dose of MG was not good.

Photo-0033.jpg

Keep your ferts at 50%. Get some Seasol at Magnet Mart and foliar spray 10 ml in 5 litres. Watering cycle is to be wet/dry. You are doing too much and trying to diagnose problems that just are not there. You are killing your plants with kindness. The cold weather is causing the purpling, not a nute deficiency. The double dose of MG was not good.

Moose I gotta ask you: what is a wet/dry watering cycle?

Cheers

Gotcha mate. Cheers! I still wish to foliar feed on a weekly cycle. My next question will be: is it ok to foliar feed during flowering? sounds silly, but I read somewhere on here that doing so can promote mold during flowering. But I may have read it wrong, I think what actually was written "misting during flowering promotes mold"

Thanks again mate

Back
Top Bottom