What can i do to make these buds better ?

Zenmaster

So i got these plants from a friend awhile back and i put them on 12/12 on 4/20 so there about 5 or 6 weeks into flower now and ive read thats the time to fertalize the hell out of em. So whats some ideas on getting me some nice big fat heavy as hell buds ?

heres the whole batch

the right side

the left side

Really, at Lowes? If so, please let us know. Thank you. And everything is looking good to my amateur eye and the need for bloom nutes is right on the money. :peace:

i'll look next time i'm down there and let ya know. i just want to get some info on whats good and hopefully natural. ive heard molasses is a good one for bloom. but i know theres some people that been doin this for years who might point me in the right direction possibly a really good direction because this site is awesome and has helped me so much i cant explain it in words. Thanks All This Site is AWESOME~!!!

Bone meal is a natural source of phosphorous - available at most garden centers and maybe Lowes. WalMart, etc. Have you read the overgrow FAQs on this site?

yea i seen like 50 pound bags of it at lowes i'll pick some up and do some more shopping around to see whats out there

these ones are in some black gold regular potting soil and i give them about a gallon or so a day with a little bit of potassium sillicate and some 5-15-5 plant food. what do you think i could do to make thoes leaves not curl down ? i took thoes pics just before i watered they were kinda dry but thoes leaves have been curled like that for awhile now.

these ones are in some black gold regular potting soil and i give them about a gallon or so a day with a little bit of potassium sillicate and some 5-15-5 plant food. what do you think i could do to make thoes leaves not curl down ? i took thoes pics just before i watered they were kinda dry but thoes leaves have been curled like that for awhile now.

you water them a gallon a day ? ?? thats no good doo d

i water 6 plants with 1 gallon of water i spread it out evenly amoung them all so they all get like maybe 3 or 4 cups of water with half the recomended nutes on the potassium sillicate and 5-15-5 plant food. i usually pour it in untill it drains out the bottom holes a little bit then wait untill its dry usually 1 or 2 days sumtimes more but usually never more then 3 days and then water them again.

ok i'll go back to straight water from the hose again that seemed to be working just fine for the last couple months

Are you diluting the silicate into a container of water before adding it to the nutrient? If not you could be making a toxic mess that the plant can't uptake. Silicate needs to be diluted into a container of water 10 times the amount of the silicate.
The silicate I use calls for 3 mil per gallon. I mix it with 30 mil or more of water in a seperate cup. I then measure my nutrients into my watering can. I add the water to the measured out nutes and just before the water reaches the gallon mark I add the diluted silicate to the mixture and stir well then feed the plants.
Your bottle of silicate should tell you how to use it. Mine says to add to the silicate the final nutrient soltion and never to add to the nutrient concentrate but I've always diluted it in it's own water before adding at all. Better safe than sorry.

Like Moose said, your watering cycle seems to be very off. My guess is the soil is not draining well enough to correspond with the short intervals you are watering at. Some extra perlite mixed into the soil from the start could have prevented this problem. Watering to the point where water exits the bottom of the pot is fine as long as the drainage is adequate enough to not allow the soil to turn to the consistency of mud when doing so.

Racefan has also made an excellent point. Do not exceed the manufacturers recommended rate of application unless you are entirely certain of what you are doing. I would have gone with something more simple then potassium silicate for a basic soil grow like this. Soil, water, and a couple of Fox Farms ferts. should be all you need. No reason to make things more complex then necessary.

Aggressive feeding must be done with care. Plants are very much like humans in the regards that they can only eat so much. If you were to force feed yourself massive amounts of food everyday you would eventually get sick as well. The same is true of plants, they can only absorb and process nutrients so fast and a excess build-up of them can become toxic.

I recommend laying off the nutrinets for a while, reducing watering to every 3days, and doing a soil pH test. :peace:

the ph has always been about 6 i check it every day. i usually water them when they get dry and start to wilt it takes only a day because its hot as hell in here sometimes it takes 2 days but usually not more then 3 to dry out and start to wilt. but i'll go back to plain water for awhile and hopefully they'll get better. i think why the taller buds are wilting down tho is cause there growing up past the light bulb and not getting as much light as the lower ones or so i might think. i moved all the big buds up against the walls so that they had somthing to lean up against and grow and the little ones could get much more light and grow a bunch more in the middle. no racefan i just dump the stuff into an almost full gallon of water and cap it and shake it up for a few minuts then dump it on the plants. it calls for 1 table spoon i usually add a cap full wich is about a half a table spoon it has a small cap. the other 5-15-5 plant food calls for 3 table spoons i still add a cap full of that and its about the same size. i havent givin them very much food at all just a couple caps full of each every 2 or 3 waterings but i'll go back to straight water cause thats seems to be what works best for me the well water here is fulla cow shit so i guess there gettin plenty of food n metals n a little bit o rust lol. thanks all of you you guys are awesome my plants would of died along time ago without the info you givin me and the info i've read on here thanks again.

I'm not a dirt guy.. but I think what these guy's want to happen is a flush... I could be wrong and if I am I hope some one says so. Soil holds on to nutes (finally added "nutes" to dictionary.. I'm so proud) like no ones business. The problem is your plants take only what they need and leave the rest (optimally). If you've been feeding them too much, or too often, you can get a large build up of unwanted nutrients. Your plant can burn.. be exposed to too much of a particular nute, or as is common be nute locked and not receive what it needs. Roots take in material through osmosis. On a molecular level, too much of a nutrient build up can block other nutrients from reaching the permeable membrane, and feeding the plants. They starve.

Soil starts with nutrient value... and you've been adding a lot (over time). By hitting it with clean water you hope to "flush" this build up away. Allowing you to get on a proper feeding and water schedule (think reset button), and maximize potential... get these girls fat so they can sing!

Or I could just be really medicated ...

Either way listen to these guys... I guarantee they all wanna see good things come yer way.:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom