Tips of leaves are brown/orange

Leary

High, my plants are about 3 weeks into flowering and near about 2 of the mid bud sites some tips of leaves are turning brown/orange
these tips are dry and look like they are dying
the brown/orange effect also looks like it is spreading to the bud sites that are near the infected leaves
possibly some sort of mold?
what should I do?
Thanks again everyone
:peace::hippy::allgood:

mold is not orange but rust is. Here is a short post about rust and some treatments for it.

rust, how many of you have had this and been beaten by it? lots i bet!!!
first, rust is a fungi. it is opportunist. it preys on unwell plants. if something is a miss, rust is a sign. rust has been identified to have 7,000 species. it attacks crops of every description. but we're only interested in one variety arn't we?
if rust is present early in a grow, you have problems as it's an indicator something in your room is a miss. usually ventilation. go through your system and double check things are in place and working properly.
rust is an air borne fungi. if given the opportunity, it WILL take hold. it usually does during flower as this is when the plants immune system is at its weakest as its energies are concentrating on re-production, not survival.
depending on what part of the grow you get it, you can cure/minimize it with either chemical or natural remedies.
It enters the leaf via the stomata and then it's off and running.
fungacides used are generally copper based and include; thriram, manzecob, maneb or zineb at 10 day intervills.
organic;
baking soda, 1 tea spoon/ quart of water. spray on.
copper sulphate, read lables.
fungacidal soap sprays;
garlic sprays, 1/2 cup minced garlic, 1 quart of water. let sit 24hrs, strain, spray.
sulphur, one of the best natural sprays. it is low in toxicity.
micro kill, a citric based killer. i use this with great success
Here is a pic of rust starting on a rose leaf.
rust04P.jpg

I'm not using anything all my plants have gotten is pure water
and they are in normal soil
I'm sorry if that is still vague but this is my 1st grow so I don't know too much
I wanted this pot to be like ridiculously organic that's why i've only watered them with clean water.. dunno if that was a mistake or what not but I guess I will see how the bud is :)

I'm not using anything all my plants have gotten is pure water
and they are in normal soil
I'm sorry if that is still vague but this is my 1st grow so I don't know too much
I wanted this pot to be like ridiculously organic that's why i've only watered them with clean water.. dunno if that was a mistake or what not but I guess I will see how the bud is :)
you just answered your own question. Your in flower and not only aren't feeding the plant but haven't fed it either. it's hungry. Let's see you last that long without food! It's stressed and hungry as hell. Feed the thing. Your only hurting the yield and plant by not doing so.

it's an outdoor grow in arizona so it is pretty hot this time of the year.. i'd say 90-96ish everyday
and I guess it is air cooled because it is outside?

what am I supposed to "feed" it
if they are budding so well without chemicals why add them

You should be feeding them good amounts of phosphurous and potassium. Why feed them? Because if they are budding so good without nutrients imagine how much they will yield if you give them what they need.

Ahh, so they get fuller, pack on weight :cheesygrinsmiley:
just down right, Bustin' with goodness

somethin' along the line of 2-4-3 npk, as a start.

I got fans leafs yellowing and browning, they smoke real good.
And it's pretty norml for old growth to yellow and drop.

Sorry I have no idea what 2-4-3 npk is, and Stonergrower what products have phosphurous and potassium in them, like how can I feed them those?
Thanks again for the feedback everyone
:peace:

I reccomend Fox farms Big Bloom and Beastie Bloomz.

N=Nitrogen
P=Phosphurous
K=Potassium

You can either foliar feed by diluting in water and spraying on plant. Or you can dilute in water and feed through the soil.
Always dilute nutes to 1/4 stregnth when you first start giving nutes.

it's an outdoor grow in arizona so it is pretty hot this time of the year.. i'd say 90-96ish everyday
and I guess it is air cooled because it is outside?

what am I supposed to "feed" it
if they are budding so well without chemicals why add them

You say you are growing organic, but have not realized the best part of it... organic fertilizers.

Although brand name ferts. work great, you can go into any garden store/center and find Fish Emulsion and organic Tomato ferts. high in phosphorus. With these two easy to get items you can take a basic "experiment" grow from start to finish (in terms of feeding).

Keep it simple, but you must feed the plant and not just water it. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom