White Widow - Week 9 - Do these look ready to you?

beauts

We have 10 of these white widow plants. They are almost 10 weeks. Do they look ready to you? The last batch was picked too early.

If you need a closeup photo, I can take that in the morning as the lights are out of the evening.

They have been on straight PH'd water for 6 days now (watering twice). How much longer do you think they should grow? Another week or so? The strongest weed would be the best for my hubby.

Picture0602.jpg

Picture0612.jpg

Picture0624.jpg

very nice looking buds. If you have a pocket microscope you can check the trichomes and see what color they are. Most people harvest at 50/50 cloudy/amber. I Have a white widow that is at 9 weeks and they are all still cloudy. I had one that went 2 weeks ago that was cloudy amber. :grinjoint:

not ready yet
as mcbudz said it depends on what the trichs look like
although you can play around with how late/early you harvest for a completely different high

They are on straight PH'd water and no food. If they are not ready yet, how long can they go just on PH'd water? I tell you something though, the smell is very strong and has given me allergies. I am allergic to weeds. Thank god I don't smoke this stuff, I just grow it.

Most people usually run straight water for the last 2 weeks or so. if you are not seeing yellowing yet you may but its normal. the straight water flush forces the plants to use up all store nutrients and removes the mineral taste from the buds when smoked.

best way to check is with the microscope. I think radioshack has them for a few bucks.

Most people usually run straight water for the last 2 weeks or so. if you are not seeing yellowing yet you may but its normal. the straight water flush forces the plants to use up all store nutrients and removes the mineral taste from the buds when smoked.

best way to check is with the microscope. I think radioshack has them for a few bucks.

We don't have Radio Shack in Canada anymore and would it hurt if we went back to feeding the plants then? I don't see any yellowing, they all look clear. They were only supposed to grow for 8 weeks. We are now approaching the 10 week mark in a few days.

We started flowering on Oct 21. So yesterday was 10 weeks. Is it normal for them to grow longer than expected? In your opinion, how much longer should we grow for? Does it hurt to grow longer?

the only time it hurts is when The trichs go beyond amber. The THC and Cannabinoids sp? start to break down and potency declines. You wont have to feed anymore so don't worry about that. I had two white widows one finished at 8 weeks with huge calyxes and the other is approaching week 10 like you and still has 100% cloudy trichs. I'm waiting for the 50/50 amber cloudy to harvest. The 2 plants are def. different phenotypes. SO depending on phenotype they can go 8 weeks or longer. the sativa in the WW is probably responsible for the long flowering period. My 8 week WW was shorter and stalkier which probably had more indica dominant genes. I wouldn't fret too much about it flowering longer than it should. See if you can get a good close macro shot with your camera to view the trichs.

Ok I will do that right now and post the pic here.. THIS IS THE CLOSEST I CAN GET.. I GUESS I WILL NEED TO FIND SOMETHING BETTER THAN MY 10X ZOOM ON MY CAMERA :(

Picture_0665.jpg

Is it normal that the tips of the plants are yellow? We haven't touched the light in a long time but it about 2 feet above the plants. We do have 2 fans going in our grow room so I know its not too hot. Was just wondering why the tips are yellowing?

hmmm
this may or may not fix the problem but i'd say raise your light (if you can) a foot or so
hopefully this helps
if not its no big deal
theres only a couple days if not a week left

Is it normal that the tips of the plants are yellow? We haven't touched the light in a long time but it about 2 feet above the plants. We do have 2 fans going in our grow room so I know its not too hot. Was just wondering why the tips are yellowing?

yellowing is normal this part of the grow due to lack of Nitrogen. Flowering nutes are fairly low in N then on top of that you have been using straight water for over a week now I believe. The plant is using its stored nutrients to survive. This is good at this stage of the grow. No worries.:peace:

Back
Top Bottom