Dehumidifier

MinniBratt

SO i about 5 weeks into flowering and i cant get the humidity down past 50 after i water..i have noticed a mildewy smell, im worried about mold..

I have been leaving the zippers open after the lights come on...and last night it was at 56 when i they woke up..after i opened the zipper it only went down to 53...

What can i do to keep the humidity down? Ive looked into dehumidifiers but thats way to expensive for me to justify? $250.00 ouch...

do you leave the exit fan on while the room is closed? that worked for me,

i found this out after i got a dehumidifer that i don't use now very much lol, you can find a nice 35 gal one for about 160

hmmm and its still over 50 RH

well... you don't want to smoke moldy buds,

they have some cheap closet dehumidifiers that are about 60 bucks..

oh and btw, humidity will go up more towards the end of the cycle

kitty litter may help for the smell during flowering, not sure if it can help you with humidity tho

since i have to wait to get my little dehumidifier in the mail. I had to find a quick solution to my problem... so i went looking around online, i ran across this product...Hunted it down at HD in the paint section...

so in the last 24hs, my G-room went from 58 humidity to 47. I dont like the flowery smell that comes from DampRid but it will have to do for now.

Just thought id share that...Hope it helps someone.

can i get Some feedback Please!

Sorry.. I have no feedback but am intrigued by the damp rid. I have 2 more weeks to go and am hitting 70% humidity. Did these work for you and were they safe to the plants? Notice any ill effects?

What is the RH outside of your room? Do you have a fan running at all times? Not just the exhaust fan but an oscilating type fan? If your RH outside the room is the same it will be very tough to drop the RH inside the room with a dehumidifyer.

It is about 10% less outside where i draw air from... thanks for being helpful screwnuts. I was more trying to see if that damp rid product had any kind of toxic effects as i thought that could help bring it down 3-5%

Nevermind, after some quick research on DampRid, I found calcium chloride is the active ingredient in it. This will not give off toxic fumes and is plant friendly to be in the same room.

It worked nice during the spring...but in summer ran into some high humidity in my area...had to step it up with a REAL dehumidifier...Brand new $250...found one on craigslist in my area for $75...SCORE!!! now im at about 39-40% and very happy...Well that is after i Kicked my MTF out, finiky lil girl, she loved to hang on to Mildew no matter what i did...

I have come to realize that pitviper, there really is no way around it. Guess I just need to do some quality research on one that is durable.

To water/feed plants. Water from the dehumidifier res PHes at 7.0. Same as distilled water. Beware that if u have fungus gnats, they will try to find their way to the water. They used to always be found floating in my res water (b4 I got rid of them).

I do the exact thing BWC..I dump my water back into the res daily.

Back
Top Bottom