Is something wrong with my plants?

erockhardass

Hello. I am currently in week 4 of bloom, and I am noticing that every other day there is at least 1 or 2 dead or dying fan leaves on every plant. They look pretty strange to me, and I dont really know what the problem is.

Since changing the light cycle, I have been using FloraNova nutrients every other watering, but a minimal amount. I am using Happy Frog Soil in 5 gallon buckets, and the P.H. is just a bit low at about 5, but I figured when I add nutrients it probably bumps it up a point so that should probably be ok.

I am using a combination of 400 watt HPS lights and flowering T5 lights. The temp usually fluctuates between 60 and 80 throughout the day/night.

If anyone has any advice on what could be causing this, or if they are even in danger, please let me know.

Also, 2 out of the batch look like they are barely going to survive, and one is pictured here.

Re: Is something wrong with my plants??

Ok thats all of them....the first link is wrong, but the other 4 should work....let me know what you think please.

I am using Happy Frog Soil in 5 gallon buckets, and the P.H. is just a bit low at about 5, but I figured when I add nutrients it probably bumps it up a point so that should probably be ok.

Nutes actually lower ph. This could be your problem right there. Your temps sound good. For soil grows, a ph of 6.8 is about right. Do you have a ph tester?

Yes I do. Measured the runoff of the in-between watering with no nutes and it was around 5. Would this affect my plants as shown in the pictures? If so, how much should I add with the nutes and without the nutes? I use 1 Tbsp of FloraNova per gallon.

What you really need is test the ph of the nute solution (the water with nutes added). I would follow the guidelines on the FloraNova bottle. You said you have a couple more plants that don't look good? From the pics, your plants actually look pretty healthy except for the few leaves.

Yes the one pic is of one of the two plants that don't look good. It never has really looked good since it was about a foot tall, and yes all of the other ones are pretty healthy except for a few random leaves every few days. I just didnt know if they should be losing leaves like that during flowering.

Well yes, you are partly right. You will lose leaves during flowering, but it usually doesn't start happening til around the end. What happens sometimes is one plant may be a little more finicky than the rest. Maybe lower the dose of FloraNova for that plant. First just check the ph of the solution though. How does the new growth look?

I watered them Sunday with just water, so I am supposed to add FloraNova tomorrow when I water again. I will test that and update tomorrow night. I will also add pics of flowers and new growth to see if it looks healthy to you.

please check back tomorrow night or thursday.

Back
Top Bottom