Light stress, mites, money, ballast faliure what else can we over come?

CalVet420

I'm looking for any feedback ya'll want to give here. I'm up for suggestions on anything here. Remember at this time I'm broke, but expecting to have about $300 usd to spend soon. I don't have any nutrients with the exception of some fish emultions and some terracycle worm casting "granulated All Purpose Plant food" 5-3-4. It says on the package that it's worm castings.
Also it says "Derived from: bone meal, pasturized poultry litter, feather meal, nitrate of soda, sulfate of potash, and vermicompost."

I worked the plant food into the soil of the skunk 11 in veg only as of now. The rest I haven't done anything with as far as feeding.

The skunk 11 that is in flower, well that was interesting. She's a clone I gave to go outside. We got some serious cloudy weather for too long and everything started to hair out. The same day I gave away the Hawaiian plants, I later went to visit the outside garden. There she was dug up and inside with a light on her. He says "I'm glad you came by. I dug this up cause shes too far along for me right now." He went on to explain that he didn't want to chance her budding out so small outside. I gladly took her.

Taking the stressed skunk alowed me to get a jump on flowering a skunk 11 and I Let the other skunk 11 continue to veg to flower later. The longer veg the bigger she'll be so why not.

I also have 3 Great White Shark clones, a Purple Urkle and a more indica dom. pheno of Black Jack. The clones all got hit pretty hard by spider mites. They're all rooted well in solo cups and starting to grow finally. My plan is to veg 2 of the GW's for another couple weeks then turn them. One will keep growing as well as the Black Jack.

I'm calling the indica dom Black Jack, BJ b and the other that's in flower shows more sativa I'm calling BJ a because that's the order the seeds popped that they came from.

I have Fox Farm soil that I'm going to be moving everything into. The only thing I have in that right now is BJ a in flower.

I started flowering with my 400w light and the ballast stopped lighting the bulb. I had that problem on my last grow, causing light stress. But now it's done. I started using the CFL's I had for back up 2 42w and a 26w. This was inadequit lighting for the growth and buds I need to produce. The only substitution that I could see fit on my budget at the time had to be free. I decided to place them outside in the day and bring them in at night. 8-8 and so far I've been able to word it pretty good. I started moving them outside on friday.

so here's the pics.

Skunk #11 that's still in veg:
4-25-09
new_skunk_11_4-25-09.JPG

5-7-09
new_skunk_11_5-7-09.JPG

5-30-09
new_skunk_11_5-30-09_a.JPG

new_skunk_11_5-30-09_b.JPG

Black Jack a:

4-25-09
BlackJack_lst_d_n_topped_a.JPG

5-7-09
BJ_5-7-09_a.JPG

5-30-09
BJ_Flower_5-30-09_a.JPG

BJ_Flower_5-30-09_b.JPG

BJ_flower_5-30-09_c.JPG

Flowering Skunk 11 with the BJ, I think on 5-30, in the box. It's not light proof, but it's in a room that's also mostly dark.
BJ_n_Skkunk_11_in_the_big_box.JPG

and the new clones 3 GW, 1 BJ b and 1 Purple Urkle on 5-30. As metioned before, I had a serious spidermite problem. I've since trimed the effected leaves.
clones_5-30-09_b.JPG

clones_5-30-09_a.JPG

here's an update on what's goin on. All the photo's taken tonight.

Skunk 11 in veg. She a little sick. that's in another thread being adresed.

new_skunk_11_6-17-09_c.JPG

new_skunk_11_6-17-09_a.JPG

The Clones are doing good. The GWSs are taking off like mad, the BJ has been affected by powdery mold as well as the purple urkle, but they're coming along. One of the other GWS I gave back to the donor.

clones_6-17-09_a.JPG

And the Flowering Black Jack.

BJ_flower_6-17-09_b.JPG

BJ_flower_6-17-09_c.JPG

BJ_flower_6-17-09_f.JPG

BJ_flower_6-17-09_a.JPG

Has anyone grown black jack before?

Im growing it right now, hydro. have you havested it yet and tested the smoke?? Im curious about this stuff!!! :grinjoint:

I think you're talkking about the Black Jack right? let me put it this way, I messed everything up real bad. what I did get out of it, I was happy with. It smells and tastes delicious after it's cured. As for the high, I can't say cause like I said I messed up but it got me pretty stoned.

I think you're talkking about the Black Jack right? let me put it this way, I messed everything up real bad. what I did get out of it, I was happy with. It smells and tastes delicious after it's cured. As for the high, I can't say cause like I said I messed up but it got me pretty stoned.
yeah Im talking about the black jack. What went wrong? I have a few plants vegging right now that have been veging for 3 months. They are not that big yet but I wanna put them into flower.

This will show you What not to do.

Lets just say mites took over. and the treatment killed the plants.

I put the blackjack away for another reason that when i dried it, it got totally dry. Well I just rolled a small joint because I'm having trouble getting to sleep.

I'd say that I let it go too long, but it gives me a nice smooth transition from a uppy high to a mellow almost couch lock like effect on my muscles.

When I grind it up, it smells of sweet berry. Not what I expected at all. yet very pleasant. I still have one black jack plant It was very hardy and survived the mistreatment shown in the thread linked. She was cloned in a pretty heavy flowering state. It's been slow growing so far, remaining thick and hairy all the way through. The seeds that started and are growing outdoors in another garden were doing great, they were about 4 feet high the last I remember. I haven't seen them in over a month though.

Back
Top Bottom