''Photo'' button gone when posting?

After two years of research, development and planning, we are pleased to announce the release of our brand new logo & website! :cheer:

Please tell us what you think and help us check the site for bugs, broken links, things that need tweaking, etc. This process will most likely take us through the weekend, so please give us all the feedback you can, as every bit helps to make our home even better. Some text throughout the site needs increasing, a few additional features have not been installed yet and the Blogs and MMJ Database Listings haven't been moved over yet, however most everything else should be ready to rock. We will be working throughout the day and night to get everything perfected. If you are having any issues whatsoever, please post them here and we will fix them right away. :thanks:

We are very much looking forward to providing the best possible experience for our 420 family of international activists and gardeners. We thank you for your valuable time, energy and support of our mission to create Cannabis awareness to the world.
:Namaste:

Read other troubles from other members...
Enter further comments here: Happy 4/20 - Welcome To Our Brand New Website!

Here is An Alternate Way to Insert Gallery Photos

as the title, I can no longer have the button that allows upload from gallery, Only the add image button what is very annoying since I have to copy/paste the url everytime.

Yes, it IS gone, at least for now. I hope that it can be brought into the new software, but I'm sure that the boss has... ahh... 420 things to worry about, lol. So in the meantime:

This procedure works. It didn't work the first time I tried it, but I was in a hurry so didn't do it correctly. It seems a little unwieldy. It is less so in practice. Hopefully it will be a compromise between the handy button and copying/pasting the address of the image and you folks will find it acceptable for now.

1. Open your gallery in a separate browser tab (if you require assistance doing so, just ask).
  2. Click on the image you want to insert so that it switches to the full-sized image instead of the thumbnail.
  3. Place your mouse cursor on the image.
  4. We're going to "drag" the image, so press your left mouse button and hold the button down.
  5. Check by wiggling your mouse cursor - the image should move back and forth.
  6. Move your mouse cursor up to the tab area of your web browser. Specifically, move it to the tab for the thread/post you wish to insert the image into.
  7. With your cursor over the tab, wait a moment. It may take a few seconds, but if nothing happens check your cursor's position (it might be tricky at first since you've got the picture "in your cursor's hand" so to speak.
  8. Your browser should at this point figure out that you want it to switch active tabs and then do so for you.
  9. Now you should see the screen switch to the message you are creating. Move the image into the message entry box and release your left mouse button. The image should "drop" into it.

Let me try to make sure that it works and that I gave correct directions...

peace_sign.jpg

Lol, yep. One thing I just noticed is that when I managed to get my mouse cursor correctly positioned over the tab for this thread, the cursor changed from the "closed hand" that it went to when I "grabbed" the image to the regular arrow cursor. That told me that I was in the correct spot and that I just needed to hold still for a couple of seconds. My browser switched active tabs (it switched to this one), I moved my cursor down into the box, let go of the button and it "dropped" right in.

I'm in a big hurry so may not have explained all this well. Again, if you have trouble (feel free to use this thread to practice on, lol, although in truth you don't have to actually submit the post to try/practice this procedure) post asking for clarification and someone will help you. I will visit again late Saturday night because I've got a product review to drop and I'll check this thread then. But, really, it's a LOT easier to do than it was to type the instructions. Quicker, too, lol.

This was a pretty drastic change. Most things are still here, although the form may have changed. This particular thing seems to have been dropped, but things like that happen with any big change or move (I still can't find my favorite CD from when I moved over ten years ago, lol). Definitely post about anything you cannot find that was here before (use the main thread about the new site, if possible). But please have patience. Just like unpacking from a big move, the staff are trying to do a lot of things at once all in addition to their normal workload.

I already notice a few new things. I'm sure there are other jewels I have yet to discover.

Good night everyone - and have a good night!

Back
Top Bottom