Database trouble maybe?

Aberration

My journal is having an odd issue: it was indicating at the top of the page that there were 140 pages, but if you tried to go to the 140th page it would go to 139 instead. I discovered that there weren't 15 posts on page 139 yet, so it makes sense that we couldn't go to 140, but when I finally added a 16th post to 139 it rolled to 140 like it should have. However I noticed that at the top of the page where it lists the page number links it says "Results 2,086 to 2,089 of 2089". 2,086 is the number of posts in the thread, but it looks like it thinks there are three more posts somewhere.

While this was happening on page 139, I also noticed that a link to the new posts in my journal: Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual took me to the first page instead of the last. Now that it has broken thru to page 140 it works correctly again. Probably just a side effect of trying to go to a page that doesn't exist, but it seemed worth mentioning as well.

Could this be three posts that got moderated out of existence? In any case it appears that there might be an inconsistency in the db, and as a software person I know that this could be nothing to worry about or could mean serious db issues. So I decided it would be best to bring it up. Here is a link to page 140.

On a separate issue, I can no longer click on images to zoom and view as a slideshow in a thread. Is the slideshow method of viewing the photos on a page gone forever, coming back in the future, or is my browser broken?

:peace:

This is a Firefox issue, try Internet Explorer, Chrome or something else.
My journal is having an odd issue: it was indicating at the top of the page that there were 140 pages, but if you tried to go to the 140th page it would go to 139 instead. I discovered that there weren't 15 posts on page 139 yet, so it makes sense that we couldn't go to 140, but when I finally added a 16th post to 139 it rolled to 140 like it should have. However I noticed that at the top of the page where it lists the page number links it says "Results 2,086 to 2,089 of 2089". 2,086 is the number of posts in the thread, but it looks like it thinks there are three more posts somewhere.

While this was happening on page 139, I also noticed that a link to the new posts in my journal: Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual took me to the first page instead of the last. Now that it has broken thru to page 140 it works correctly again. Probably just a side effect of trying to go to a page that doesn't exist, but it seemed worth mentioning as well.

Could this be three posts that got moderated out of existence? In any case it appears that there might be an inconsistency in the db, and as a software person I know that this could be nothing to worry about or could mean serious db issues. So I decided it would be best to bring it up. Here is a link to page 140.

The script we were using for that became outdated, unsupported and was a security risk. We are still searching for a replacement, however have not yet been successful.
On a separate issue, I can no longer click on images to zoom and view as a slideshow in a thread. Is the slideshow method of viewing the photos on a page gone forever, coming back in the future, or is my browser broken?

You can take a look at this thread to see other issues that have been reported and fixed since the upgrade.
Happy 4/20 - Welcome To Our Brand New Website!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom