Uploading pictures, where did bulk uploads go?

I've seen several members frustrated by changes to the picture uploading process today. Each picture now has to be selected individually. There is no option for selecting multiple pictures to upload at once. I feel like this change is going to make it much more difficult for those who upload several pictures at once for large journal updates, etc.

I don't know if this change is a glitch, or if the site is just trying something new. Anyone else frustrated by the lack of bulk uploads?

I uploaded around 8 pictures this morning. I kept having to check the file names on the upload screen and compare them to the file names in the folder I was uploading from. Compared to just selecting all the files at once and clicking open it was a royal PITA. I anticipate there is going to be a huge increase in the number of duplicate pictures uploaded, and that members are going to be frustrated when they find that they missed pictures they intended to upload as well.

Sorry guys, we were trying to fix some things in the gallery uploads for people using Firefox, guess it wasn't a good fix after all.

Flash uploading has been re-added to the gallery and will be replaced with html 5 soon, to get past the Firefox bug.

If anyone has any issues uploading via Firefox, try Google Chrome. :thanks:

Sorry guys, we were trying to fix some things in the gallery uploads for people using Firefox, guess it wasn't a good fix after all.

Flash uploading has been re-added to the gallery and will be replaced with html 5 soon, to get past the Firefox bug.

If anyone has any issues uploading via Firefox, try Google Chrome. :thanks:

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom