Amroire Stealth Grow Box Sweet set up Video to watch!

Wow im am very impressed. when you say dollar store do you mean dollar tree? or the 99 cent store?

Have you considered making that two compartments, bottom veg and top flower?

Anywho, very very nice stealth setup there man. totally love it. Sewing comes in handy eh?

Hey there Lighter. Actually yes the Dollar Tree has the Car Sun Visors and also the Dollar Store. As far as your question .... Yeah I did think about having the top chamber as the flowering and bottom chamber for Veg when the shelf was still in place. But then I decided that I want the entire box dedicated to flowering because I want to veg them until they about 2 feet tall. THen flower them and let them get as tall as possible to have nice big chunky colas and buds. I figured I will have to find another spot to veg the clones from the mother plant when I get to that point of cutting clones. Maybe have my Girlfrind take care of that operation :) But thanks so much for digging my set up :). The green leafy explostion has totally begun and everyday the plants are getting bigger and greener. :)

haha alright i am totally hittin up dollar tree for those visors. i will have my 9 plants back come mid august and will have a more permanent setup for them (we will have veg/clone room and flower room) and will be putting out 6-8 girls every 10 weeks.

Best of luck to you. i suggest you start a grow journal, would love to follow it. its a great way to get lots of advice as well. just consider it.

where did you purchase those reflectors? at wallly world they have them for around 9 bucks. i see you have two cfls per reflector? just one y adapter used per reflector? will have to steal your idea if thats the case. looking good bro.

+ rep

yup.... One y adapter per reflector. I bought the reflectors at Lowes for about 7 bucks per reflector. Using two bulbs and the y adapter they do not fit. SO I have to cut a slice in the relfector to make it all fit in there and cover up the slice with aluminum foil. Super easy and works awesome . Hope that helps you out... Cant wait to see your grow box to see what you come up with!. Hope its a video journal as well! :)

Actually in the back of the box I have light traps over the holes that are sawed out for the fans... takes care of that problem :) Hope that helps... Kind of like Dryer vents.

very nice setup for sure. +reps

are you going to be using the cfl's the whole grow, or are you going to put in a hps when they get bigger?

if staying with cfl's, when they get bigger, are you going to add some side lighting?

there are some good links on here for diy cfl's reflectors... you definately have mad diy skills..

DIY CFL Reflector - How To (Simple, Cheap & Effective)

this guy has a small hps in a dresser,,, just to give you some idea's

Stealth Dresser NEW! POG - Pure Afgan - Gigabud - Quiksilver and More!

I saw a thread (just can't find it) where someone made a cfl reflector setup with pvc pipe,, it looked very nice, and is something I am going to do with my veg cabinet. (I got a 3 x 2 x 5 ft cab I am getting ready to setup.

anyayws, great work on your setup, looking forward to following your grow.:bravo:

I found this pic in the member galleries, it is sorta like the one I was thinking about, only it does not have a reflector..

DSCN0588.JPG

Hey there Herb Zen,

Thanks for all of the kind words for sure ! Actually to answer you question I am planning on using CFL lights for the flowering. I plan on Rigging up some speacial lighting. Check out this Idea that I have. I plan on buying a vanity strip light. You see these commonly above bathroom mirrors. I plan on having 4 65 watt 2700k ( red spectrum for flowering) equivelant to 1200 watts CFL's which would be 15,000 lumens. As a reflector I am going to be using a Large aluminum Turky Pan that you can get at a grocery store which will work perfectly hee hee :) I know it sounds ghetto but I saw it done on a youtube video and it was actually pretty genius!

Thanks for the props on my grow box man.. I will post a new video this weekend with an update on the babies ! :) Please keep me posted on your set up. Would love to see how you build it and how it turns out man.

Peace!

definately sounds like a workable idea..

I just love how ingenious people are.. all the creativity is awesome.

can't wait to see the finished project.

If you end up adding the two other ventilation fans you talked about in your first video.. I would love to see your setup on that, the light trap, etc. Just to get ideas on how to vent my new veg cab

thanks

I don't mean to thread jack here but I am doing a similar grow. I got an amroire around the same size (3x2x6) and was wondering what would be a better light, a 250w or 400w HPS? It's in a basement so I don't think heat will be an issue. Originally I was gonna use CFL's but I want better yeild. I'm lookin at hopefully 4-6 plants to fit in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you juicyfruit. I plan on copying your design on the amroire, I like how low budget you did it :bravo:

I don't mean to thread jack here but I am doing a similar grow. I got an amroire around the same size (3x2x6) and was wondering what would be a better light, a 250w or 400w HPS? It's in a basement so I don't think heat will be an issue. Originally I was gonna use CFL's but I want better yeild. I'm lookin at hopefully 4-6 plants to fit in there. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and thank you juicyfruit. I plan on copying your design on the amroire, I like how low budget you did it :bravo:

Richard.. :welcome: welcome to 420..

you may get a better response by starting a separate thread, but based on what I have read here (not from personal experience,, YET)...

most people on here reccomend 50 watts/sq ft (I beleive,, and I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong).. so 3x2 = 6 sq ft, so about 300w...

personally, I think 250 would be fine,, and maybe add a couple of cfl's for side lighting,,,,

but considering costs is probably not much difference, maybe go with the larger unit (can run it at a lower setting if getting a digital ballast) so you have spare capacity if you need it?

Hello Richard Liquor. #1 I totally do not mind you stealing my grow setup idea at all. That is why I made the video's. I also think that you should go with a 400 watt set up for sure with a digital ballast. That way you will have no problem setting the light lower if you feel the need too. But I also think you under estimate the power of CFL for budding as well when you are growing in a small space. You hook up 6 65watt 2700k ( which is the equivelant to 1800 watt incadesant light output) with a totall of 24,000 lumens .... Your looking at some really decent light out put and barely a ding on your electric bill. Plus the yield will be fantastic. But also remember that different strains yeild better than others, plus mediums used... plant food... so alot goes into it rather then thinking if you just blast your plants with a monkey ton of light your going to have a huge harvest... because that train of thought is crap. Also vertical growing space is important too. If you let your plants veg until they are almost 2 feet tall they are going to be almost 6 by harvest with massive colloas the size of soda cans too. So growing space also takes a lot into account.
But if you go with an HPS system its going to take up a lot more vertical room then you think..... plus you have to keep your plants a certain distance from the HPS or you will fry them... All this takes away from your vertical growing space hence limiting your yield production... With CFL you can let them get pretty damn close with no risk of burning yoru plants.. SO yeah go ahead and use HPS... but my plants will be at least a foot taller using cfl. Your plants might have slightly fatter buds.... but my buds will be much longer... we should compare dry weights when we are finished to see how our different methods stack up. Best of luck to you dude and I hope this bit of outside of the box perspective helps in making a decision. My next video will be posted today after I get home from work... SO be on the lookout for that dude. Thanks for posting and thanks for digging my Grow Box. Hope to hear from you soon and tell me what you think about what I just posted here. Later on dude!

Back
Top Bottom