Grow Tent set-up for beginner

interested121

Hey everyone. I'm new to growing and wondering if anyone on this forum can help me out. I've been checking a lot of the posts and there are some pics of pretty fantastic harvests. I would like that for myself but I feel overwhelmed in the amount of options I can go with to start. Also, I don't want to spend a a lot of money. I realize I'll have to open my wallet but I don't want to run up my credit card for something that isn't necessary.

I am planning on using a Grow Tent. The GL60 2x2x5.6 by Growlab. -

That is pretty much the only thing I am sure of...

As far as lights go, there are a number of different choices that all matter quite a bit. I think a 600w HPS would be fine for my growing area but wouldn't I need to worry about heat? I've read a lot of threads where people are getting great results from LED lights. I've been thinking about a LED light from E-bay.

The next thing that I keep thinking about is how to properly set up my tent for so there is air circulation as well as keeping odors to a minimum. I want as little smell escaping as possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

are you limited by the area size? is that why you chose that one? lose the LED bro. that one anyway. I can help on the whole setup but get back to us on the tent size. a 4x4x7 is 200.00. I can do ALOT with that tent pretty cheap

Yeah, I'll most likely end up getting that guys lamps. It looks like they work pretty good.

For air circulation, I was thinking of putting a 4" fan at the bottom of the tent, then attaching a fan and carbon filter at the top with tubing that leads to an open window. Does anyone think that is good enough for what I am doing?

How does that help if I put the fan outside the tent? In the tread I posted before, it looked like that guy Mike had it on the inside

A grow-tent is a light proof tent. In it, the weed is grown under lights. The picture left shows. These tents are handy when you require to quickly set up a successfull grow area. They are comparatively speedy assembled.

How does that help if I put the fan outside the tent? In the tread I posted before, it looked like that guy Mike had it on the inside
I use a 1K HID lamp air cooled. I pull the hot air out of the tent and put the fan outside. I need all the room possible and it works. your using an LED which doesnt mean anything. I suggest you put the fan outside the tent. results may vary.

I was just talking to someone who sells tents and he said as far as odor control goes, I should a carbon filter connected to a fan inside the tent (at the top) and have tubing that leads to an open window. The guy said the same as you did with air intake. He said place the fan outside the tent but have tubing connect to the tent at the bottom. Does that sound like a good set up?

If heat will not be an issue using LED's I would consider pressurizing your tent rather then drawing air into it via passive intakes.

I use a smaller footprint tent, 24"x18". When I tried drawing air out via my 6" inline mounted outside of the tent, the tent would implode some due to smaller passive vents that cannot let enough air in. This would reduce my tent size even more. A solution would have been bigger passive vents, but light proofing would become an issue. Heat from my HID makes my set-up a little different than yours. I ended up isolating my light intake and exhaust. I pressurize my tent using a separate fan drawing in filtered air.

To pressurize: Mount the inline fan outside of the tent, blowing air into the bottom of the tent. Use a filter on the intake of the inline fan. Use an exhaust port out of the top of the tent ducted to an outside mounted carbon filter. This will pressurize your tent, drawing in clean air and removing heat out of the top. It makes for a very sterile environment. I've heard the guy from Advanced call it a "lung room".

Good luck with everything!

Hi I want to setup my first grow tent, I picked up a lighthouse hydro4x4x6 tent ANd I'm wondering how to actually set it up the most efficient way, I have no knowledge of growing lol

Back
Top Bottom