Large dual chamber grow box build

ChanChan203

I'm wanting to build a bug grow box approx 5 foot wide and 3 feet deep with 2 individual 2 foot by 3 foot grow chamber one for flower on 2 400 I lbs slide to be able to pull all my plants out of chamber and slide them back into it and other side containing a veg and germenating cabinet I'm think a couple 2 foot t5s for germenating a 400 watt mh for veg and 600 hosting for flower I'm going to frame cabinet out of 2x2 and insulate with r10 2 inch moisture resistant foam board and all of be air cooled by a 6 inch exaust fan pulling it air from under Cabinet into veg room then germination then into flower and out through carbon filter I would like any help or comments to help me Id like to try to do this right first time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I've seen builds like this in the past. Cool idea. Lots of work but if done right it can be a perpetual machine. There's a ready made one you can get. B.C Buds Grow box or something similar. Planning is everything in a build like that. It will be cool to see if you do end up going ahead!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I'm going to do it I'm starting build out Monday hopefully just doing it a little at time I'm going to frame 2 drawers in bottom of cabinet to keeps nutes and other supply stored and locked up best I can and frame bottom half n them frame 2 chamber and the top half I'm hoping to make it also where I can break it down into 4 pieces being top bottom and left and right chamber if I ever gotta move this grow box to another location it'll be a long build but I'm supper excited to get it started

Don't know if you have a Habitat for Humanity Restore or a place like that around you that sells used building supplies. My cabinets I built are smaller, but got the used cabinet for like $35 (and went to a good cause ta boot), and cut it in half and built two small boxes out of it. Might be able to save some money or find some old kitchen cabinets you can put together and make it "modular" so to speak in case you have to relocate it.

Don't know if you have a Habitat for Humanity Restore or a place like that around you that sells used building supplies. My cabinets I built are smaller, but got the used cabinet for like $35 (and went to a good cause ta boot), and cut it in half and built two small boxes out of it. Might be able to save some money or find some old kitchen cabinets you can put together and make it "modular" so to speak in case you have to relocate it.
I considered this but I want more grow room than that ik I can build it where breaks down just take a little more time and thought also I want it at minimum 2x3 by 5 feet tall grow space so I could grow hopefully some 3 door tall plants if I wanted not all small plants. My intention of this box tho will be to a sea of green

I'm wanting to build a bug grow box approx 5 foot wide and 3 feet deep with 2 individual 2 foot by 3 foot grow chamber one for flower on 2 400 I lbs slide to be able to pull all my plants out of chamber and slide them back into it and other side containing a veg and germenating cabinet I'm think a couple 2 foot t5s for germenating a 400 watt mh for veg and 600 hosting for flower I'm going to frame cabinet out of 2x2 and insulate with r10 2 inch moisture resistant foam board and all of be air cooled by a 6 inch exaust fan pulling it air from under Cabinet into veg room then germination then into flower and out through carbon filter I would like any help or comments to help me Id like to try to do this right first time

Using that insulated foam is so easy. Your using 2in foam? I used 1/2in to line the walls of my room. Caulked all the seams to keep it air tight. Was so easy using a knife to cut all that foam. Only change I see is the filter. You really want air pulled into the filter, not out. The fan works more efficiently at pulling and can be stressed when its pushing air. Now you can push air out, its just not the best method. That being said, sometimes having a small room and then stuffing the ceiling with fan, filter, and ducting can take a lot of space.

I was all about hanging my fan until I actually put it up for reference. Holy shit I was going to loose a large part of my headroom. On the floor it went. Putting that sucker on my floor also allowed me to keep it quiet.

Using that insulated foam is so easy. Your using 2in foam? I used 1/2in to line the walls of my room. Caulked all the seams to keep it air tight. Was so easy using a knife to cut all that foam. Only change I see is the filter. You really want air pulled into the filter, not out. The fan works more efficiently at pulling and can be stressed when its pushing air. Now you can push air out, its just not the best method. That being said, sometimes having a small room and then stuffing the ceiling with fan, filter, and ducting can take a lot of space.

I was all about hanging my fan until I actually put it up for reference. Holy shit I was going to loose a large part of my headroom. On the floor it went. Putting that sucker on my floor also allowed me to keep it quiet.
I wanna to try to hang it in back of grow room if I can but both chambers are running off same fan so I'm using a 6 inch fan and and I'm not sure yet if I could fit filter and ducting width wise in back of flower chamber or not

I wanna to try to hang it in back of grow room if I can but both chambers are running off same fan so I'm using a 6 inch fan and and I'm not sure yet if I could fit filter and ducting width wise in back of flower chamber or not

I'm no engineer, but building a room was a fun (and stressful) challenge. There are so many different designs, I searched for awhile before I found what worked best for me. I'm at version 2.0, I surley look forward to 3.0!

I don't think it gonna be easy but I'm up challenge as well

420-magazine-mobile123419652.jpg

Well this is the start of my dual chamber grow box framing right here got bases laid out on the floor there that will be replaced with boards on the back holes drilled so air can pass freely though base of box and up into chambers batteries died so this all for tonight

420-magazine-mobile174135921.jpg

Well received one of my grow lights today this one is a 600 watt dimmable air cooled hood from vivo sun it's 16t dollar on amazon and I'm quite impressed actually the hood seems well made shipped and packaged well I order this one mainly because of good review a friend's recommendation I also enjoy the dimmable setting isn't a percentage it is 600 watt 400 watt and 250 watt

420-magazine-mobile922264292.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1444587701.jpg

Well you guys just wanted to let you know this thread is not dead!!! I had a my truck breakdown and Christmas and life just got in the way I start back on it yesterday and hopping to get alot of work done in the next few weeks!!

So you guys my thoughts today are gonna mainly be on framing the base of the right side chamber and starting thoughts on ventilation the holes located the bottom frame are 1 and 3/4 inches in diameter and are all the way around the base to allow are to move freely under the box I want my air to be able to come from under the box into the grow chambers I have a few ideas but I'm open to any suggestions!!

So I figured up my ventilation requirements to be 132 cfm a minute but I'm purchasing a 6inch hyper fan rated at 315 cfm so it will more than enough to pull plenty of air throughout the box so to keep negative pressure in the box I think I'm gonna make a 4 inch air intake since have 6 inch exaust

420-magazine-mobile1045746997.jpg

So this kind of mock up of my air intake but I'm gonna add 3 more Posts and raise 12 inches this should be air intake equivalent of about a 5 inch passive air intake im gonna run 2 inch pvc up reduce it to 1 inch ring around top and drill holes in it in a ring around grow are to allow air to flow around ever single plant then spray paint insides of all pieces black for a makeshift light trap

420-magazine-mobile1539271260.jpg

Well a spade bit or pattie bit does not work well for pvc so gotta get different bits before push forward

Learn from my mistakes they are plentiful lol

420-magazine-mobile1712710987.jpg

Well I succeed today can wait to get this ring done and get it painted

Well I got my light trap going build two walls together and alternated boards even 16 inches so that air with zigzag zag through the them from germination chamber at top of the right side down to about top of plant container lever on left side which is the flower side
420-magazine-mobile656763857.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1507518901.jpg

I also added last full wall an put a mock up of the top part which will house fan and keeps supplies in
420-magazine-mobile1073302915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom