Grow room heater and climate control system for small grows

Kip22

Hey all

Usually I'm asking the questions but I now actually have something to share.

I'm growing in an outside shed with no heat which is fine when my lights are on but freezing cold if not. I picked up a couple items last week that work great so I thought I'd share.

61DIRFNRPZL_SL1200_.jpg

New air 400 watt space heater. Super small and safe because its an oil filled unit.

I paired that with a temp controller
41-5oojEbvL.jpg

It has two plugs one for turning on heat if its too cold and one for cooling if too hot. It has a temp probe I put right in with the plants to get the temp right where it needs to be set. U setup all the values high low temps and allowable variances and let it rip.

I've been keeping an eye on things closely since install and its keeping things right where they need to be and I couldn't be happier.

:thumb:

It worked great. I built my grow room and fully insulated it but I'm way further north than u so it gets damn cold. I think this setup would work just fine for u. Make sure u have decent air circulation. As long as your hydro res can fit in the same space as the plants I don't see a need for a res warmer.

It worked great. I built my grow room and fully insulated it but I'm way further north than u so it gets damn cold. I think this setup would work just fine for u. Make sure u have decent air circulation. As long as your hydro res can fit in the same space as the plants I don't see a need for a res warmer.

Good to hear that it's working in really cold temps. The lows where I am in SoCal are mild with November seeing 45º average lows down to 40 in December and then hitting 48 in April so it's nothing like "real" winter.

Air circulation is good. Small tent (2' x 4' x 8') with two circulation fan's an a 4" inline fan.

The plants sit in the res and I plan on putting a couple of pieces of 1 ½" R6 hard foam insulation under the res.

The water supply is from a line that feeds an outside faucet then to an RO unit and then into a 55 gallon cistern in the garage. The water temp might drop into the 50's in the dead of winter but warms up a bit being in the garage so I'd guess it might even be in the 60's by the time I need it in the res.

[time pass]

Just found a local shop (I live in Orange County, CA) called "clonesdirect.com" - $14 for a Gorilla Glue clone. That might just be the ticket!

I use exact same controller that you have! I use an oil filler heater as well. I use this controller all year round, and it seems to work great, other that the fact I need AC to do another summer run. I have the heat side connected to the local oil heater, and the cool side is connected to the fan that pulls air thru the 600w MH/HPS fixture. Like you said between the light and he heat, the room doesn't vary over 15 degrees. That controller is great and the remote probe is long enough to lay across the tops of your plants! Nice choice to share:)!!

Back
Top Bottom