Is A Vent, Fan & Filter Necessary?

Re: Is a Vent , Fan and Filter necessary

Just as the title says are these items necessary for a grow tent

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you plan to grow in any closed space you have to take heat and airflow into consideration. Light produces heat. Too much heat = unhappy plants. Plus if it's closed, where is the air going to come from. There needs to be a way for air to enter and a way for air to escape. So any door/hole will work and fans solve the movement and exchange issue. A filter I think is your only option but it all depends on legality, privacy/ discretion, preference and all that good stuff. I would say, as someone who is fairly new at growing and who is only 3 grows in, I'm already realizing just how stinky it can get. A carbon filter, properly installed, would eliminate the odor issue.

Good luck! Have fun!

Sent from mikeytv

So it is a necessity? They are pretty damn pricey

So it is a necessity? They are pretty damn pricey

Not really expensive. You can pick up an inline fan for about 20-30 and some ducting for a few bucks. Filter can wait or look into some diy stuff. These are sturdy plants so, you can test out and see what works but I would get a temperature gauge at least to see what you need to work on.

Sent from mikeytv

Is a Vent , Fan and Filter necessary

It depends a lot on where you are growing, air flow, if smell matters? If you are in a closet in your bed room in state where it's illegal with nosy neighbors I'd say it's necessary.

If you live in Denver in the middle of no where I'd say not

Also we are talking $60 complete set up low end and $150 high end for a 6" fan and 4" filter plus reducer and ducting. Not a lot of money for piece of mind

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Out in the country where it's illegal and no nosy neighbors

If smell is not an issue you can just get a fan to bring in air. What's the size of your tent?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I agree with miketv The air movement and temp reduction is a requirement for healthy plants. The carbon filter is of no real value to your situation. It may be that you don't need ducting and exhaust fan. If you can open lower vents and open the top access ports in the tent that may be enough to hold your temps in the 70's. I use t5 lights and can get away with this type setup. If you use HID lighting I don't believe you will be able to avoid using an exhaust fan to suck out the heat generated by this type light.

I'm planning on ordering the grow tent ( 4ft x 4ft x 6ft 8in) Apollo horticulture it's on amazon right now

I'm thinking the 6in duct fan I'm not really sure what else

I'm using Mars Hydro 300w Led

I'm using Mars Hydro 300w Led

Well fan(s) are a must in my opinion but not sure how much heat the led puts out to know if you need a robust inline vent fan. Do need air movement regardless. Otherwise you are risking moisture issues which can bring mold or bugs. No bueno!

Sent from mikeytv

I apologize for not getting your name right in earlier post. I should add info as why I am able to go fanless. My tents are in a non climate controlled building. with temps in the 50-60 for a daytime high. For the time being mother nature is my ally. I will myself have to run fans once good ol summertime rolls around.

Back
Top Bottom