Fan Size 5x5 - 4" or 6" - LED Upstairs Grow

HazePhase

Hello Folks,

I am going to be starting my first grow upstairs and have a Gorilla 5x5x7 tent that will be on my top floor.
I have central air so it shouldn't get too hot and I will have fans circulating air and venting and will be running LED lighting which doesn't run hot.

My question:
Should I use a 4" or 6" intake fan as I was told that 175CFM and most 4" are around 190CFM.
I was told 4" would be more than enough however others tell me smell might be an issue with 4" as well as making my fan work harder creating more heat.

Any advice would be great as I am completing my order tomorrow.
Thank you very much for all of your help and suggestions.

Have a great day
Haze

I would recommend the 6" unless you can guarantee you will never want to get bigger! With a fan controller you can dial it in as needed!

I use 6" fans & filters in my 4x4. My reasoning was they won't run as hard to do the same job, so in theory should last longer. I also use a speed controllers for the fans which is an absolute must. :)

The HotBox

I use 6" fans & filters in my 4x4. My reasoning was they won't run as hard to do the same job, so in theory should last longer. I also use a speed controllers for the fans which is an absolute must. :)

The HotBox

I've had my girls in the tent for about 4 weeks and 2 weeks under their COB lights :)
The intake fan runs about 16 hours out of 24 hours on the lowest setting -- lowers humidity a lot so don't leave it running 24/7

Back
Top Bottom