Setting up grow cabinet - Help!

IamIndica

Hey fellow 420'ers! I'm Setting up a grow cabinet using a wardrobe I just picked up on sale, would like to have a little germ chamber, grow chamber and a chamber for a mother plant for getting clones off of. Plan is to paint the inside white and run cfls for now until I get an led in the near future. Any tips , ideas , knowledge is more than welcome! Pictured below is what I am starting off with.

420-magazine-mobile1099742437.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey fellow 420'ers! I'm Setting up a grow cabinet using a wardrobe I just picked up on sale, would like to have a little germ chamber, grow chamber and a chamber for a mother plant for getting clones off of. Plan is to paint the inside white and run cfls for now until I get an led in the near future. Any tips , ideas , knowledge is more than welcome! Pictured below is what I am starting off with.

Oh an the outer dimensions of the wardrobe is 48"w x21"d x71"h

Use the top shelf for inline air fan and then sprayed the left side into two sides on for germ and one for mother and use left side for growing plants tall check out cabinet I'm building that is how I am doing it

cheers yall and remember keep'em frosty ;)

Large dual chamber grow box build

Use the top shelf for inline air fan and then sprayed the left side into two sides on for germ and one for mother and use left side for growing plants tall check out cabinet I'm building that is how I am doing it

Nice! Just checked out ur box, it's going to be a beaut! I love the idea for the vented separation wall, I think I'm going to do the same .Here's the configuration I'm thinking for box separators..
Also for lighting do you think maybe a few t5's for the germ/seedling, cfls for the mother, and a m*rs LED for flower?

420-magazine-mobile2077617909.jpg

Nice! Just checked out ur box, it's going to be a beaut! I love the idea for the vented separation wall, I think I'm going to do the same .Here's the configuration I'm thinking for box separators..
Also for lighting do you think maybe a few t5's for the germ/seedling, cfls for the mother, and a m*rs LED for flower?

420-magazine-mobile2077617909.jpg

Yes that how I want mine to be set up and I think the light choices are great idea I'm gonna do t5 and led in both hopefully when all said and done just remmeber contrary to be lifted the can burn burn with led not from heat tho but light burn u should research led light burn plants and make sure to pay attention to par rating of led you choose to burn make sure it isn't to intense

Yes that how I want mine to be set up and I think the light choices are great idea I'm gonna do t5 and led in both hopefully when all said and done just remmeber contrary to be lifted the can burn burn with led not from heat tho but light burn u should research led light burn plants and make sure to pay attention to par rating of led you choose to burn make sure it isn't to intense

Shit, good to know. I've never heard of "light burn" I always thought the more the better as long as you can control the heat .

I'm also thinking about lining the top where the fan will be with 1 1/2" - 2" styrofoam and cutting the doors down and sealing it to cut down on noise...good idea or no?

I like the stryofoam idea but u could use denser Styrofoam and silicone from lowes may 1 inch or even 3/4amd as farm as door go I would use stryofoam foam stripping for house hold doors and maybe like hook and eye lock keep it closed tight and foam pressed and if u don't like that idea u can make light lock out of duct ape around edges of the door

I like the stryofoam idea but u could use denser Styrofoam and silicone from lowes may 1 inch or even 3/4amd as farm as door go I would use stryofoam foam stripping for house hold doors and maybe like hook and eye lock keep it closed tight and foam pressed and if u don't like that idea u can make light lock out of duct ape around edges of the door

Yea I may have to go with the hook locks, been trying to think of a way to seal the doors nice n tight but have it still not stand out too much ,hrmmm

Yea I may have to go with the hook locks, been trying to think of a way to seal the doors nice n tight but have it still not stand out too much ,hrmmm

Air tight or light proof cause light from is pretty easy just use take to make an over lap with tape by bending on piece down middle and putting it on the inside where door meets the frame and put another piece on the other edge and the over hanger keeps light from escaping for most part I send pics if u need to explain better

Ok so painting this wanna-be wood material is not so much fun. Lol Bought a paint/primer combo thinking that would cover nicely...not so much. It was basically running off like water on a ducks back lol So back to the store I go for some primer, 3 HEAVY coats of primer later and I'm still not satisfied so I'm going to go ahead today and start putting coats of paint on it. Sealed all edges with this Gorilla Glue version of caulking I spotted at the hardware store.
Going to add some pics of the few supplies

Ok so painting this wanna-be wood material is not so much fun. Lol Bought a paint/primer combo thinking that would cover nicely...not so much. It was basically running off like water on a ducks back lol So back to the store I go for some primer, 3 HEAVY coats of primer later and I'm still not satisfied so I'm going to go ahead today and start putting coats of paint on it. Sealed all edges with this Gorilla Glue version of caulking I spotted at the hardware store.
Going to add some pics of the few supplies

Press bored laminated Wood like that is clear coated u need to scuff it with sand paper before u paint it to help It stick on when u do it or u can take a knife n get under it and just peel it up trust me

Back
Top Bottom