3 400w vs 2 600w

Jackopotomus

So Ive been trying to look around to see about the benefits of using 3 400w switchable ballasts vs 2 600w. Obviously 3 lights will cost more than 2 initially but I was thinking of manipulating the light timers so that for the first two or three weeks of flower I could run a single 400w hps in the centre for 12 hours and 2 mh on either side for 6 hours the first week 8 the second week, then 10, then 12.

Week 4 I would switch the two outside bulbs to hps and the centre to mh. Run these all at 12 hours a day for weeks 5 and 6.

Week 7 I switch back to a 2:1 ratio of Mh to hps.

Week 8 I could start running the 2 mh for 12 and the centre hps I would cut back 2 hours a day.

My thinking is that this would be a kind of gaslighting technique that mimmics the suns natural light cycle. It would also allow clones moving from flourescents to HID a chance to harden off more gradually. It gives a constant mixxed spectrum of light, thats a lot more controllable and it would save electrical usage.

The biggest drawbacks I can think of would be a loss in lumen output as 600s put out more lumens per watt, and the fact that this set up would not allow for a perpetual garden.

Would love to hear you guys' opinion and wondering if anyone has run anything like this.

Back
Top Bottom