New Attic Grow Room Setup, Sour Jack Seeds, Soil, 600HPS/LED Veg

dropcroptop

Second time grower(failed miserably my first attempt). Moved into a house with a great space in the attic for growing. Building a custom 3 room setup,1 room for veg and 2 for flower to hopefully crop every month on a rotation. Looking for any help with the finishing touches,and fine tuning my setup.

I'm growing cks sour jack (cross between jack herrar and sour diesel). Bought 5 and they sent 7! So 2 freebies. Luckily so,because one of them grew mutated as shit so I never transplanted it into my 2 gal. They are about 4 weeks old,and really small in my opinion. They are in an attic,and my impatient ass began growing them before the room was air tight or had a heater! So in the beginning the temps dropped to 50 for a solid 2 weeks at night. It is winter in Virginia.A possible explanation why,but I have 3 other suspicions I can't rule out.(will get into later) My temps are high during the day 78-90,so I got a co2 supplement to fight it. Keeping a consistent temperature has been my biggest battle thus far besides watering. Happy frog soil with a nutrient blend mixed in,I can't remember the brand atm. 3 fabric pots, and 3 regular pots(comparing the 2 before I commit). Everything in my grow room is basically an experiment in some shape or form. For example I insulated the attic,half with one sided thin shit,and half with thick no sided insulation. Curious to see which room holds the heat in better. I also had cfls next to a t5 veg light. I decided due to how slow the plants were growing to switch them under the big 600 watt hps for the time being. I purchased 2 300 watt marshydro leds to replace the cfls in my veg room however they are being shipped. Sorry for rambling,this is my first post ever very excited to get some feedback from experts.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

420-magazine-mobile1707439588.jpg
420-magazine-mobile451630803.jpg
420-magazine-mobile878392431.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1473202848.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1242036355.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2035844436.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1070739966.jpg
420-magazine-mobile693306609.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1668539654.jpg
420-magazine-mobile475988909.jpg
420-magazine-mobile117760857.jpg

New attic grow room setup. CKS Sour Jack seeds.soil, 600hps/LED veg

I still need to install/purchase the window ac unit(window covered up by Mylar atm. Along with carbon filter for the 6inch fan I have from my previous grow attempt. It's winter and I'm still in veg so I figure I still have time to save for those two 100 dollar purchases.

I was wondering if 2 mars hydro 300 watt led (86$ on amazon) would be more beneficial than one 600 watt led (160 on amazon). Obviously price isn't the issue as they are about the same.

For my veg room, 7x9x7 (attic so 7 at the highest point,3 feet at the lowest). I read I need about half the wattage from my flower light(600 watt hps). And if the 300 watt doesn't truelly pull 300 watts then I think I'd need two to keep enough veg plants growing strong for flower.

That's where my question lies,would it be better to have more canopy coverage with 2 300's? Or the one 600 watt led would be just as effective,using less power consumption. Is that true by the way, one 600 will pull less than 2 300 watt leds. I don't know the true wattage.

Just got back from working out of town. Checked my soil and all the cloth pots need water but the regular pots do not. The top layer of soil is dry but when I stick my meter to the very bottom of the roots it's still in the "wet" category. I don't know if I should wait for the bottom of the roots should be dry before I water? It's been 4 days since I last watered. I have never gone that long before but since I had to go out of town for work I was forced. Maybe this is why they are so short? I have been overwatering this whole time? Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is a picture of my veg room I want to install the LEDs in. One of the OLD lights is a t5(I will use for my clones,the other light is just a normal cfl I'll throw away or store in garage or something.) I switched the plants to my flower room light for the time being until I install new LEDs. Again I have no idea why my plants are growing so slowly (8 inches in about 5 weeks). That's why I switched rooms in the first place. Who knows it could have been overwatering the whole time,and the lack of light wasn't the issue at all.
420-magazine-mobile1138124753.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2074403694.jpg

Day 36 Sour Jack veg. Im glad I switched over to the 600 hps during vegging for the time being,seeing as I have no cuttings yet,i will use my best light as much as I can. 7 days ago my plants (in the plastic pots) grew an inch atleast. I don't know why the plants in the cloth pots arnt growing as well. A sign maybe that I'm actually underwatering them. Still unclear whether the first half of the soil down towards the roots being dry constitutes the plant needing a little water. Whatever the case I'll figure it out soon. Elevated the plants so the bottom of the soil was receiving air to try and equal out the bottom of the roots moisture levels. (Also including pictures of my morning temp right when the lights cut on at 9am.still chilly.
420-magazine-mobile1060090168.jpg
420-magazine-mobile744159669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile134945192.jpg

Update on my little sluts. They are SLOWLY growing. I'm convinced the seeds are a bad pheno type/genotype(no idea the difference). I read some very similar reviews on crop king seeds for the sour jack strain I'm growing being extremely slow. Not to mention the website had the wrong picture for it. Me being a new grower,the picture had a big deal to do with my purchase haha. Oh well. I finally received in the mail my new seeds I will start for veg. I do not want to save any of these for a mother veg plant. I might try to take a cutting after flower but honestly I don't care if it takes or not due to how much trouble I'm having. The new game plan is, the new batch of seeds I just received to grow and choose two mothers of the strongest plant.

Then again it all could be me being a noob at growing still and fucking up. I really have spent so much time controlling every aspect of the grow room that I would hate to believe the reason my plants have been growing so slow is my shit attention to detail. Regardless, I soaked last night 1.Big Bud 2. Amnesia Haze 3.Chocolope. They seeds were in a high yield value pack,after my shit yield I foresee in my future. That was my reasoning for this seed purchase.HIGH YIELD.This was NOT from CKS. Never again. I put the seeds in a rapid rooter soaking the rooters in ph'd water. Tried pointing all the seeds stems down(half were not popped yet), and then covered the holes with a little piece of the rooter. Not to be too tight but to block the light. It's in a humidity dome with a t5 light. Tonight I'm leaving it on 24 hours, but tomorrow I will move it on the attic and put it on the same cycle as my Sour Jacks 18/6. Oh and I super cropped some of the sour jacks. I topped some. I left some alone. And I cracked one stem and had to tape it up during my lst training. Kinda new to this whole thing so I was really curious as to what technique is the most beneficial for my setup and grow style.
420-magazine-mobile1701826897.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1541763380.jpg
420-magazine-mobile571805432.jpg
420-magazine-mobile479807464.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1798000084.jpg

Switched my sour jack plants over to the 5 gallen cloth pots. I put I small layer of growstone at the bottom and the top so to better drain the soil. I mixed my soil with rainbow mix nutrients. And directly beneath the roots of the plants a sprinkled a layer of azos a root inoculant to encourage root growth. I figure since they have not grown for shit vertically,maybe I need to dial back and focus on root structure more. Also from my new seedlings I planted,2 so far have sprouted. 5 remain.
420-magazine-mobile1751396587.jpg
420-magazine-mobile425214389.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1105377279.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1040630854.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1591891132.jpg
420-magazine-mobile175582929.jpg

I got motivated after how good the girls looked in their new pots. So I went ahead and got the ac unit and installed it. Finished taping up the window and making it light proof. However the vent kinda seems like light can escape through some orafice. Suggestions would be lovely??
420-magazine-mobile1278405645.jpg

Noooo! My seedling I put in a rapid rooter was upside down,the root basically came out of the ground and the leaves stayed in the rooter. I picked it up,flipped it right,and ripped the rooter more so the stem was more secure. In the transition however I broke the little tender white root in half. Is this the end of her life!?

So a lot has happened since I last checked in. I definitely overdid the super cropping. To say the least. I broke the stems so much with my fingers to bend it over,that I accidentally split the stem vertically. You can almost see the brown rotting spots in the previous picture where the small slits were. Well the plants were growing fine still. I supported the plants that were really bad from where I super cropped,and the others healed pretty quickly. I now know the fine line between too much and too little. Basically break the stem just enough to encourage the bend. I was high when I did it so a couple I remember zoning out while slowly rubbing the stem. My fault completely lol but I'm glad I learned from it. Now the bad part was the bugs that came to the healing plant to feast on its open wounds. Little white aphids I think. I caught them pretty early sorry to not take a picture of them. I was essentially so worried I panicked and sprayed the crap out of the plants with "safer" a plant insecticide I got from my local grow store. I applied two coats...and way over did it. The new growth started to dry out from the chemicals but all the little bugs died. Win loose for sure but I'll take it. I don't know where they came from,but they went to the really damaged super cropped parts of the plant. I also read that unhealthy plants are more prone to bugs and disease. So if I don't fuck up maybe they won't come back again haha.
420-magazine-mobile562444424.jpg

Dropcroptops High YIELD!Indoor,Soil 600HPS BIG Bud/Chocolope/Amnesia Haze

Back
Top Bottom