Quietest fan for a very small space

zipit

Hello everyone!
Let me start off by saying I am brand new to growing and absolutely loving it! I would have to say it's Probably one of the most peaceful yet exciting and knowledgeable hobbies I've ever had the privilege of experiencing. I've done weeks of research while catering to my very first 3 week old plant, and have almost put the finishing touches on its new home (my own constructed grow cabinet). The only things left to add are possibly two fans and a carbon filter. My issue here is that my cab is only 51" tall × 40" wide × 19" in depth. So 22 cubic feet. I'm having a difficult time trying to figure out if I need to buy the nice inline and exhaust fans that have 150 cfm minimum or if I can get away with anything smaller and quieter. I've done so much reading of threads, articles, and posts but can't seem to find anything with my size cabinet being involved. I apologize ahead of time if this answer is out there already but truly I have exhausted my energy trying to find it. I am growing hydroponically with a 400w led viparspectra. The current temperature is 88°f max and very low humidity about 25℅. Again my plant is NOT in there yet. I want to be 100% sure it's a suitable stable environment before I move it in. Sorry if this is over kill on information I just want to be sure everyone has the info they need to give me an educated answer.

Thank you very much for your time and I'm looking forward to learning and taking any constructive criticism you all may have to offer!

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I'm going to guess you mean inches, as 51 feet tall isn't a cabinet in my mind ;). I have a couple that have a 21"x14" footprint and using two small computer fans for intake and two for exhaust, which seems to give it plenty of circulation, not sure if three for intake and three exhaust be enough for your bigger box. And I"m just using the carbon cut to fit filter sheet stuff (carbon prefilter type stuff you can buy in rolls off Amazon etc..), but that stuff just dampens the smell and doesn't totally get rid of it, so depends on how stealthy you need it. Some pics of my boxes in my Anti Journal Journal link along with what I have grown in them so far if that didn't make sense (putting things into words not my strong suit).

Oops yes I definitely meant inches. Thank you. I'll look into that. I am looking to have this cabinet be as close to 100% odor free as possible so I'll have to see it hooking up a carbon filter to the PC fans can be done. Thanks for the advice!

Had mine originally in my shed so odor wasn't an issue, but got too cold out there so need to insulate it out there or just not grow in winter, as moved them into spare room and the Wife complains about the smell when they are late in flower (most don't smell much during veg but a few strains actually do I hear). As when I open them up to look at them or water them then the smell is more prominent.

Thanks I checked out the fans. My only concern is that they may be a little on the loud side. It's hard to tell without the DB ratings. I found an axial exhaust fan TT silent series 100 I believe. Has anyone heard of this or used it before? It seems to be virtually silent

An external link that has some info Sones – Sound Level of Fans | MisterFix-It.com as an option look into bathroom fans or at least get an understanding on how the sones measurement of sound differs from DB. Also, how you mount a fan will also effect the noise, a direct mount (think direct mounted Harley motorcyles) to a stud/2x4 will generally increase sound over a mount that is dampered with a rubber mount. The art/science of sound reduction is an art/science......

I'm thinking about buying a dual axial fan for intake and exhaust and rigging 2 4'' carbon filters to them. If I did this tho it would allow light into the cab...Yet again at another impass . Thanks again for the advice! Any more information or ideas are welcome!

Back
Top Bottom