How do I contain odor strictly within my tent?

Jurf

Hey guys. Never posted before. Haven't even started growing yet, but Im so goddamn pumped and excited for my first grow its childish.

Anyway, a serious issue for me is containing the odor. I'm aware of the carbon filter and how that works, but it seems so far to me that, although the air leaving the tent trough the extraction may not smell, there will be some odor leaking into the room that the tent is in,despite the negative air pressure in my tent. Is this inevitable or is it possible to completely contain the odor within the tent? Im afraid if the odor leaks at all, I may not be able to grow, and this worries me deeply.

Is there wisdom available that I have yet to find?

Thanks. Yeah I plan on handling the air-exchange of opening the tent via discreet timing, so that I can manage the plants and then clear the room air with a nice time-window where nobody is expected to be around. It's going to a super black-ops situation, but the thing is, my first couple grows could potentially change my financial game so much that, if I can just pull them off despite all these variables, I'll be able to get my own place with complete privacy thereafter... Oh man... THE DREAM! hahaha

I intend to use "Ona pro" to supplement my carbon filter and fan. I was warned not to have it in the same room as my grow. Was invented for use in Sewer work. You might want to read about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420

Thanks. Yeah I plan on handling the air-exchange of opening the tent via discreet timing, so that I can manage the plants and then clear the room air with a nice time-window where nobody is expected to be around. It's going to a super black-ops situation, but the thing is, my first couple grows could potentially change my financial game so much that, if I can just pull them off despite all these variables, I'll be able to get my own place with complete privacy thereafter... Oh man... THE DREAM! hahaha

You should be fine. When you open the tent, the room the tent is in might smell a little bit more, but the carbon filter will still be pulling air from the room. The area outside the room with the tent will be fine. If you are really worried, get a filter and fan big enough to clear the air in the room once a minute or two. But then it will be louder.

Fans are loud. Ducting is noticeable. Be smart and safe. Best of luck to you!

Hey thanks a lot.

And yeah I got the whole operation psychologically camouflaged from my parents as they believe Im just super into growing plants, which is why Im gonna be growing tomatoes as well, so the fan and ducting shouldnt be a problem.

I think Im gonna just buy some ONA gel and use that if things get crazy during flowering. Even if I just needa cover up the smell from opening the tent at watering times, I'll just leave some ONA out for a while around then, and probably have a couple jars in a couple corners of my bedroom to keep things G come harvest time(as I believe then the smell will be very powerful?), although this is kinda thinking way ahead.

Can you place your tent close to a window and vent it out the window? A small intake fan or two and passive or a fan pushing the smelly stuff out the window?

Can you place your tent close to a window and vent it out the window? A small intake fan or two and passive or a fan pushing the smelly stuff out the window?

YO man. My tent will actually be pretty close to a window, but I intend on drilling a 4 inch-diameter air-vent in my wall and ducting it out there with a carbon filter and 4 inch extractor. I think that should cut it. I would duct out the window but that would mean leaving the window open 24/7.

YO man. My tent will actually be pretty close to a window, but I intend on drilling a 4 inch-diameter air-vent in my wall and ducting it out there with a carbon filter and 4 inch extractor. I think that should cut it. I would duct out the window but that would mean leaving the window open 24/7.

Your plan for venting in the wall sounds like the plan then.

Back
Top Bottom