The Mighty Mouse - Help

greenblaze

is it possible to grow 9lbs a year with only 2-3 600w or 2 1000w

BUDGET: $5000
YEARLY HARVEST GOAL: 9lbs
PLANT COUNT: must be 5 or less or 6-20 and i would much rather do the 5 (this means with mother clones everything)
GROW MEDIUM: soil
GROW AREA either 6x6 or 8x8

iv done a few 1-2 plant grows when i lived at home and done alot of research but its been years and deff feel out of my element again so planning is due im just trying 2 get a ballpark of what kinda money im looking 2 spend and equipment

also id like to set it up where its on a staggered cycle so im not trimming as much at one time id rather have a qp every weekend 2 trim then 1p at the end of the month

please any feed back will be much

is it possible to grow 9lbs a year with only 2-3 600w or 2 1000w

BUDGET: $5000
YEARLY HARVEST GOAL: 9lbs
PLANT COUNT: must be 5 or less or 6-20 and i would much rather do the 5 (this means with mother clones everything)
GROW MEDIUM: soil
GROW AREA either 6x6 or 8x8

iv done a few 1-2 plant grows when i lived at home and done alot of research but its been years and deff feel out of my element again so planning is due im just trying 2 get a ballpark of what kinda money im looking 2 spend and equipment

also id like to set it up where its on a staggered cycle so im not trimming as much at one time id rather have a qp every weekend 2 trim then 1p at the end of the month

please any feed back will be much
OK so if u grow perpetually you will harvest ever 2 months but limiting to 5 plants that is one mother 2 clone/veg and 2 in flower. So every 2 months would be 6 total harvest yielding 1.5 pounds a piece or 24 Oz so that means you would have to consistently yield 12 Oz a plant not unheard of but difficult be better of trying to reach these goals in hydro system than in soil your set up would have to be absolutely perfect probably sealed room co2 enriched and some good nutes

cheers yall and remember keep'em frosty ;)

Large dual chamber grow box build

yea i mean i figured 5 plants would be hard.... i was thinking 1 mother and then 3 stages of 4 plants 1-2 weeks apart and just keep it running till i got my goal (13 plants total) or since i dont have alot of room 1 mother and 6plants in each stage

this is also all personal use and from what iv read and what i understand the quality is better from soil(taste smell) but i am a novice at best so dont quote me

yea i mean i figured 5 plants would be hard.... i was thinking 1 mother and then 3 stages of 4 plants 1-2 weeks apart and just keep it running till i got my goal (13 plants total) or since i dont have alot of room 1 mother and 6plants in each stage

this is also all personal use and from what iv read and what i understand the quality is better from soil(taste smell) but i am a novice at best so dont quote me
Let me do some number crunching and drawing up n see what kinda grow spaces I can come up with what is total area u have to turn into grow space and is it in bedroom or where is it located or are you planning on a tent??

Re: the mighty mouse.....help

The budget looks great ... Thumbs down on the soil... Coco/perlite would be better... There's a lot of threads on it in the Coco/perlite forum.. Rdwc hydro would produce about 20-25% more than drain to waste... At least that's the way it works for me... I would do 4 plants in scrog screens, 4 - ss 315 watt lights... From clones, and keep the mother for the next set of clones.... 120 day grows, clone to harvest.... To run a perpetual grow from clones with a 5 plant limit would take more skill than i have... It will take any type of system a couple grows to dial in to it's max potential.....
I've got a D/W coco, and rdwc in my mixed hydro thread and both types work for me.... Depending on what your grow room temps are, if you can't keep water temps down, coco/perlite would be the better choice..

I'm sorry, but this is just plain funny..
:quote:" also id like to set it up where its on a staggered cycle so im not trimming as much at one time id rather have a qp every weekend 2 trim then 1p at the end of the month"... I think you speak for many of us....

Re: the mighty mouse.....help

The budget looks great ... Thumbs down on the soil... Coco/perlite would be better... There's a lot of threads on it in the Coco/perlite forum.. Rdwc hydro would produce about 20-25% more than drain to waste... At least that's the way it works for me... I would do 4 plants in scrog screens, 4 - ss 315 watt lights... From clones, and keep the mother for the next set of clones.... 120 day grows, clone to harvest.... To run a perpetual grow from clones with a 5 plant limit would take more skill than i have... It will take any type of system a couple grows to dial in to it's max potential.....
I've got a D/W coco, and rdwc in my mixed hydro thread and both types work for me.... Depending on what your grow room temps are, if you can't keep water temps down, coco/perlite would be the better choice..

I'm sorry, but this is just plain funny..
:quote:" also id like to set it up where its on a staggered cycle so im not trimming as much at one time id rather have a qp every weekend 2 trim then 1p at the end of the month"... I think you speak for many of us....
Rdwc is best way to go but for new grower it is the complete wrong way to begin in my opinion because it is more advanced grow technique and requires alot of things to be spot on perfect and a lot of extra room not only super high set up cost to build a rdwc to true horticulture speca that included with the plus the 2000+ dollars for 4 lec light fixtures really tighten your budget down alot coco or pro mix using a semi hydroponic or soiless medium in my opinion would be best starting place then work towards more advanced set up laters

I simply mentioned my rdwc yields are better than my coco/perlite grows....Of course coco/perlite would be recommended for new indoor growers.... Seemed to me that's what i was recommending.. Your perpetual grow scenario seems a bit much for a beginner to jump right into.... Someone familiar with cloning might find your way easy, but to a new grower, it would be more confusing than running a chilled rdwc grow........ and way less productive...
GB, Glad to be of any help i can,, even if you're not lured to the wet side... but you will be, sooner or later.. :Namaste:

I simply mentioned my rdwc yields are better than my coco/perlite grows....Of course coco/perlite would be recommended for new indoor growers.... Seemed to me that's what i was recommending.. Your perpetual grow scenario seems a bit much for a beginner to jump right into.... Someone familiar with cloning might find your way easy, but to a new grower, it would be more confusing than running a chilled rdwc grow........ and way less productive...
GB, Glad to be of any help i can,, even if you're not lured to the wet side... but you will be, sooner or later.. :Namaste:
yes it was your recommendation I just wanted him to be aware of how complex a set up that would be how and please explain to me what is so hard about cloning I only watched on video about 5 min long when I started cloning and have never had any problems it is as simple as cut, dip, plant, and propagate! And I would also like to know what is so difficult at all about growing perpetually growing it is all about timing just like everything in this business takes little no skill at all and if he wants to harvest a little every week like he stated he is going to have to do some sort of prepetual set up to achieve that 9 pound goal instead of harvesting many plants at one time like in rdwc or regular set up

Also I don't see where u get way less productive i don't know one major cultivation center anywhere and I mean anywhere around here that used rdwc for growing because you can grow far better yield in same amount of space with either drip system or ebb and flow and build and operate them way cheaper than rdwc and I'm not just bad talking rdwc I like them alot and there great when done right just not practical at all

We're not talking about major cultivation centers.... We're talking about a 5 plant constraint... 64 sq.ft available max, and a fair size budget, and a not totally out of reach goal.....
Looks like this thread is just for the two of us, just for arguments sake, since the OP hasn't come back..
How about this, staying with a five plant limit......You could do this with coco/perlite, but i'm sticking to WFs for the sake familiarity..... Mother plant, 125-150 watt cfl... perpetual grow, three plants, three lights, three waterfarms, scrog screens.... I would do 4 lights for c/p, since i've found it slower..... Each one started 35-40 days apart... You run an Iceprobe in each WF, or bucket... no IP controller... One timer can control all buckets or wf temps... It would be easy to learn the on/off cycle times to keep the temp range where you want it... A 3-4*f swing in temps is acceptable.. After each harvest everything is sanitized, and that wf or bucket goes back to the beginning..
I give you this thread by a first time grower using an ice probe in dwc.... First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller
A passive plane water reservoir would keep the water level up for each plant.. you would need a float controller to keep that reservoir topped... Valves as needed to drain the whole system or to add and remove new or finished plants without disrupting the whole system.... Anyways just how i'd approach it...

We're not talking about major cultivation centers.... We're talking about a 5 plant constraint... 64 sq.ft available max, and a fair size budget, and a not totally out of reach goal.....
Looks like this thread is just for the two of us, just for arguments sake, since the OP hasn't come back..
How about this, staying with a five plant limit......You could do this with coco/perlite, but i'm sticking to WFs for the sake familiarity..... Mother plant, 125-150 watt cfl... perpetual grow, three plants, three lights, three waterfarms, scrog screens.... I would do 4 lights for c/p, since i've found it slower..... Each one started 35-40 days apart... You run an Iceprobe in each WF, or bucket... no IP controller... One timer can control all buckets or wf temps... It would be easy to learn the on/off cycle times to keep the temp range where you want it... A 3-4*f swing in temps is acceptable.. After each harvest everything is sanitized, and that wf or bucket goes back to the beginning..
I give you this thread by a first time grower using an ice probe in dwc.... First Grow - Casey Jones - DWC - SCROG - Ice Probe Thermoelectric Chiller
A passive plane water reservoir would keep the water level up for each plant.. you would need a float controller to keep that reservoir topped... Valves as needed to drain the whole system or to add and remove new or finished plants without disrupting the whole system.... Anyways just how i'd approach it...
Dr fish I don't mean to argue with u I like ur ideas and stuff just I run everything for efficiency it how I am it's all about numbers to me I'm sorry

Back
Top Bottom