Electricity and cost - Any advice?

gonemad

Electricity costs and questions . I'm just starting out and worried about upcoming power bill. Live in Queensland Australia, I am using 130w cfl @ 18/6. A small two hose air pump 5w, a small fan at low speed 20w , and exhaust fan 20w , a 4 inch inline fan for fresh air 10w and a fish tank water pump 3 times watering x 2 min ebb and flow 7w . Any one had a power bill running similar set up any information would be great even if your using mh or hPs lights as I want to eventually switch to 600w hPs for flowering. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: Electricity and cost any advice?

So if you are using 250 watts 24/7 that's 1kw/h every four hours so 6kw/h per day. Looks like you are actually using less than that but just to be safe.... Do you have a bill where it says the price per kw/h?
I am running a small tent with a 400 watt hid, a 90 watt exhaust fan and a smaller fan for air movement. I barely notice it on my bill it might be up 10 percent.

PE636's Purple Kush Coco Grow

Re: Electricity and cost any advice?

So if you are using 250 watts 24/7 that's 1kw/h every four hours so 6kw/h per day. Looks like you are actually using less than that but just to be safe.... Do you have a bill where it says the price per kw/h?
I am running a small tent with a 400 watt hid, a 90 watt exhaust fan and a smaller fan for air movement. I barely notice it on my bill it might be up 10 percent.

PE636's Purple Kush Coco Grow

Thanks for replying.
Yeah mate it's 24.610 p/kwh daytime and 19.960p/kwh night time. Plus the usual crappy 10% GST and $89.00 for the service charge . My last bill was $685.00 for 91 days. That's no aircon as summer wasn't included in that bill and no growing at that time either.

God damn, that is a big power bill. Just add up your watts and multiply it by how many hours it is on per day. Then divide by 1000 to get your kWh/day. Multiply that by the days in your billing cycle. That gives you the total kWh used per bill for your herb. Now multiply that by your price/kWh and you will have the impact on your bill.

God damn, that is a big power bill. Just add up your watts and multiply it by how many hours it is on per day. Then divide by 1000 to get your kWh/day. Multiply that by the days in your billing cycle. That gives you the total kWh used per bill for your herb. Now multiply that by your price/kWh and you will have the impact on your bill.

Thanks CookieMan. I appreciate your help :)

If you're buying your lights new you might be better off with a 315 watt 240v lec for flowering... Half the power draw half the heat.. I was pricing lights at, Armour Series LEC Fixture - 315W | + Philips 315W 930 CDM Elite Lamp , and there's not much difference in price for a 600 watt hps.. 315 watts = 114 KWH for 30 days 12/12... .20 kwh x 30 days = $22.80 for light... I do as well with my ss315 lec as i ever did with my 600 hps...

If you're buying your lights new you might be better off with a 315 watt 240v lec for flowering... Half the power draw half the heat.. I was pricing lights at, Armour Series LEC Fixture - 315W | + Philips 315W 930 CDM Elite Lamp , and there's not much difference in price for a 600 watt hps.. 315 watts = 114 KWH for 30 days 12/12... .20 kwh x 30 days = $22.80 for light... I do as well with my ss315 lec as i ever did with my 600 hps...

Thanks Dr Fish. Awesome information. And as I'm new to this and only doing s small personal grow for me , it very useful. I got to say I am happy with everybody's information, advice, etc. awesome community. :)

Back
Top Bottom