First grow - Air circulation - Fan tips?

GrowCouple

Hey everyone! We recently posted about our first grow in the Grow Journals. We're newbies from Canada growing for fun and on a budget.

As of right now in our grow cabinet, we don't have any fans on or air exchange happening, but we know we need to add some! We're thinking either a computer fan or bathroom fan, but aren't really sure how to go about it. We aren't really worried about the smell, but we need some fresh air for our babies. We'd love some guidance if anyone is willing to help - or link us to someones past experience! :)

Here are some pics of our set up.

IMG_053235.JPG
IMG_053539.JPG

With a small setup like that they have ac computer fans I would use 2 for exhaust and 2 for intake. About 52 cfm for the pair and is as silent as can be. They have some model that can be daisy chained

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You would have to light proof the cabinet for air in. What's under the cabinet, in the bottom half? You could run some rigid/semi-rigid ducting in there. Cut a 4in hole in a spot on the bottom shelf that will not be covered by a pot, put a elbow in the hole, attach semi-rigid ducting to elbow, cut another 4in hole in the compartment underneath on the opposite side of your top hole, slap a elbow there, connect to semi-rigid. Now your air intake pulls air from under your cabinet, through lower half, up to grow spot, and it all happens inside the lower part so nothing is exposed. Keeps it still kinda stealth instead of having a tube hanging outside. Would be good if you spray painted the inside of the ducting black for extra light proofing. With a bathroom vent fan running that could be passive, or you could add a fan, PC fan, to the top of intake hole. Bath fan will light proof exhaust.

Those bath fans can be loud and rattling at times. More $ on that may keep it quiet.

There's my suggestion!

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom