Total Newb - LED tent attempt

Parrot99

G'day guys i purchased this

s-l5003.jpg

and its on its way can you guys give me some pointers? I am going to do just one (thats legal where i am) from seed blueberry kush strain.

I don't quite get my head around led lighting btw. This package just seemed to have good lighting (or better as opposed to the cheaper alternatives) Can someone just look over the kit and explain a bit better what the lighting optimisation would be (I'm under the assumption it comes with the h24 t5 tubing light (which i think ill put in centre?) and then 2 multiple led panel ones?? Is this correct. What would you guys do with the lighting.

When is it safe to start using the nutrients. at first i was going to give a 50% dose i think.

Sorry for my questions i know theyve prob been asked a thousand times.

TYIA and peace :)

I just wanted to let you know that I thought you got a very good deal. All that stuff I bought separately cost a great deal more then what you paid. My advice to you is don't get overwhelmed as there is so much information out there.

One piece at a time first the seeds then you have a couple of weeks to learn about nutrition ratios.

Typically you would start off with the T5 lights (most any 5000-6500k light) above your seedlings.

Relax and enjoy it. Learning to grow has been a lot of fun for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using 420

Hey Joey,

I am only one month ahead of you. You can use LED and/or the T5's. The idea is that you need anything from 5000k to 6500k for vegging and since the seedlings need less light you can simply use the more economical T5's.

I doubt I know enough to give you any more advice, but I am ROOTING for you my friend.

KeithVi

4 weeks into my first grow and I've had a few obstacles. My advice would be get a ph meter, so so so many problems originate from ph.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

Use a plain soil with no added nutrients.
If you think they need to be watered wait a day then see.
Temps above 85 will stunt growth.
Humidity above 80% is good for seedlings but keep it below this for veg.

Sorry just noticed that is eBay Australia! Greetings from a fellow Aussie! In that case keep temps below 30. Keep an eye on overnight temps as we move into winter, inside my house can drop to 10!!! Be sure to keep air blowing over the leaves and humidity down so mold doesn't take hold.

Thanks Keith! You too mate! Appreciate the info

Hey Joey,

I am only one month ahead of you. You can use LED and/or the T5's. The idea is that you need anything from 5000k to 6500k for vegging and since the seedlings need less light you can simply use the more economical T5's.

I doubt I know enough to give you any more advice, but I am ROOTING for you my friend.

KeithVi

Sorry just noticed that is eBay Australia! Greetings from a fellow Aussie! In that case keep temps below 30. Keep an eye on overnight temps as we move into winter, inside my house can drop to 10!!! Be sure to keep air blowing over the leaves and humidity down so mold doesn't take hold.

Cheers mate. Mines going to be in the shed so will range from about 8-40+ degrees variant on weather, sounds like we may be close if you get that coldness too ;)

That is the one I have been using. Mine has been reliable and holds its setting when compared to paper strips. Mine is only one month old!

Avoid using tap water if it has a high amount of chlorine in your area. Go for rain water or distilled instead. Always ph check your water! I was watering my plants with ph 8 water. Now I add some vinegar to bring it down to that nice 6 to 7 range and the babies seem to be much happier!

Nothing wrong with tap water. I keep two five buckets full with an air stone in them. Chlorine is gone fast.
If you use distilled water then you have to add cal-mag.
Rainwater can pick up contaminants in the atmosphere.
Just my two cents. Good luck with your grow.

Nothing wrong with tap water. I keep two five buckets full with an air stone in them. Chlorine is gone fast.
If you use distilled water then you have to add cal-mag.
Rainwater can pick up contaminants in the atmosphere.
Just my two cents. Good luck with your grow.

Disregard what I said and follow The Germinators advice.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey Joey,

KeithVi

Thanks mate so sorry for the late reply i spaced on this thread and didnt get emails of replies. The LEDs were avg so I'm switching out to a Mars 600 its on its way. Room not setup yet as packages were missing parts. I have started a Journal i don't know how to link it but its 'thejoeys groweys'

Cheers mate

Back
Top Bottom