Light leaks vs ventilation for grow tent?

Jurf

So for CO2 reasons, My tent is going to be in light-mode between 5pm and 11am for my upcoming autoflower grow. But I realised that when it goes to lights out, as it will be bright outside the tent, the venting at the bottom of my tent will be a light-leak point. If I cover up the vent netting at the bottom, that would surely compromise the air flow... DOes anybody have any ideas on how to tackle this, besides not running my tent at the said times?

I want to run my tent at the stated times because, well I've been reading on the importance of CO2 for optimal growth and yield, which im trying to reach for, yet I cant really invest in a CO2 tank nor do I think I have the space, but my room at night can actually be quite CO2 heavy, with me, my dog and a few other plants that arent in the tent.

Does anybody have any thoughts? I want to vent my tent while preventing light leakage. Also, thoughts on CO2 plan are welcome, but please be gentle with this eccentric child

I'm not an expert in any capacity but I think you might be overthinking things a little.
Might I suggest just getting in your tent and close it. Look for light leaks. Patch em up.
If you guys produce a bunch of CO2 while living and the plants get some of it, win-win. Just remember people grow this wonderful plant in many diverse environments successfully. I would love if I could just grow inside so I could keep my temps normalized.

You may need to build or fashion a hood to go over your intake screen on your tent. That would allow air in but prevent light leaks if setup correctly. I don't have a tent, I made a custom box, but I had to deal with the same issue.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom