Wall mount fan in tent

Re: Wall mount fan in tent

I got 2 large wall mount fans with my tents. They are meant to mount on wall studs not tent poles. I thought about mounting them to pueces of plywood then attaching that to the pole, but the tents are too big anyway. Ill either bring them to my cabin or recoup some of the loss on kijiji

Yea I'm special I didn't get the issue.
Can you use some long zip ties and secure it around a post in the corner?

Yeah it's most definitely not that easy i have a 4x4 gorilla tent. I was thinking about mounting to a piece of wood. i just wanted to get feedback cause wasnt sure if wood would split with being in a humid environment

If u live in Canada, Canadian tire sells 4 inch clip on fans (USB) for 15ish $ I use em they work well
420-magazine-mobile1038493797.jpg

Hey pal. I came up with this little solution, been working a treat. I can move it up and down as the plants grow too. I used some 1x4 inch wood, I cut it to the size of the inside of the polls leaving a few ml either side so it would fit snuggly. I drilled a hole in each corner and a hole at the top of the wood above where I will mount the fan in the middle. I then screwed the fan onto the piece of wood. I put cable ties through the 5 holes and cabled tied the wood to the poles in the tent. I then used a ratchet hanger to clip onto the cable tie above the fan for extra support to help keep it in place.

This is what it looks like.

420-magazine-mobile1973893984.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1143900469.jpg
420-magazine-mobile432633809.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1303290648.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1447420787.jpg

When you cable tie the wood to the tent poles, If you use two cable ties instead of one. I realised after I had already cable tied it that I had forgotten to use the extra one and have yet to get round to taking it back off lol. If you use two like I have on my scrog net here.
420-magazine-mobile1023549532.jpg

Thats great i really appreciate it. I just came from my hydro store and i was able to get clip fans. So ive solved this problem. Thank you all for the inpunt. Im working on my grow journal now. It will be posted soon

Hey pal. I came up with this little solution, been working a treat. I can move it up and down as the plants grow too. I used some 1x4 inch wood, I cut it to the size of the inside of the polls leaving a few ml either side so it would fit snuggly. I drilled a hole in each corner and a hole at the top of the wood above where I will mount the fan in the middle. I then screwed the fan onto the piece of wood. I put cable ties through the 5 holes and cabled tied the wood to the poles in the tent. I then used a ratchet hanger to clip onto the cable tie above the fan for extra support to help keep it in place.

This is what it looks like.

420-magazine-mobile1973893984.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1143900469.jpg
420-magazine-mobile432633809.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1303290648.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1447420787.jpg

When you cable tie the wood to the tent poles, If you use two cable ties instead of one. I realised after I had already cable tied it that I had forgotten to use the extra one and have yet to get round to taking it back off lol. If you use two like I have on my scrog net here.
420-magazine-mobile1023549532.jpg

Never thought to zip tie my screen to the poles :) good idea

Back
Top Bottom